T Nation

Need Help With Power Cleans

Is this movement to be done slowely until you get the weight to the middle of your thighs then you do the explosive movement where you lift your feet up and try to pull the weight up? I’m so confused. I’ve looked at the illustrations on the site and what not. If you’re moving explosivily through out the movement I don’t see how you won’t have a tendancy to lift your feet up from the very beginning of the lift off the ground.

The first part of the pull is usually done slower (like a deadlift off the ground), and as you bring the bar to the thighs (the second part of the pull), then you explode with the weight. If you are having problems with the first pull, you may want to begin in the “hang” position with the bar just at or below knee level and lift explosively from that point.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
The first part of the pull is usually done slower (like a deadlift off the ground), and as you bring the bar to the thighs (the second part of the pull), then you explode with the weight. If you are having problems with the first pull, you may want to begin in the “hang” position with the bar just at or below knee level and lift explosively from that point.[/quote]

Thanks!

Check out this FREE book from our own Iron Dan, “From the Ground Up.”

http://www.danjohn.org/book.html

[quote]MikeTheBear wrote:
Check out this FREE book from our own Iron Dan, “From the Ground Up.”

http://www.danjohn.org/book.html[/quote]

Awesome. Thanks!

cleans shoulder be done in an explosive manner. When the bar passes the knee, the remaining portion of the lift should be done in an explosive manner.

[quote]provy07 wrote:
Is this movement to be done slowely until you get the weight to the middle of your thighs then you do the explosive movement where you lift your feet up and try to pull the weight up? I’m so confused. I’ve looked at the illustrations on the site and what not. If you’re moving explosivily through out the movement I don’t see how you won’t have a tendancy to lift your feet up from the very beginning of the lift off the ground.[/quote]