Need Help with My Supplement Puzzle...

First, a bit of background information:

1.5 years ago i discovered tmuscle and started lifting shortly after. At this point i was a 154 pound 5 foot 11 inch 16 year old @ 12% BF. This was just as i started at a boarding school gymnasium (Danish equivalent of senior high school/college). Here i ate, drank, slept and trained and went to school.

Well, now its 1.5 years later and i weigh in at 190 pounds. I have been pretty consistently happy with my strength and size-gains so far, but my planned over-eating have now taken me to approximately 17 % BF.

Therefore, i have now decided to cut down to about 10 % BF, before trying to gain any more weight. I am hoping this will result in better insulin sensitivity and a greater appreciation of the muscle i have already built.

In my boarding school diet (which admittedly is not optimal, but hey, thats life) i will try to eliminate refined carbs and excess fat as much as possible.

I train a body part split 6 times a week, and will shortly begin kickboxing 2 times a week, while doing HIIT one time a week.

AND NOW FOR THE ACTUAL REASON I NEED HELP (sorry about the rant)

To keep muscle-mass while cutting, and to speed things up a little, i am going to ADD the following supplements to my diet:

NO HOLDS N-O + Lemonade

BCAA 500mg Capsules (200 caps)

L-Glutamine Powder

Creatine Monohydrate Powder lb

Yohimbine HCL 2.5mg Capsules (100 caps)

Caffeine tablets 200 mg

100% gold standard whey protein

(And multivitamin and fish oil)

My idea was as follows:

Upon Waking, 45 minutes before breakfast: 200 mg caffeine, 10 mg yohimbine hcl, 5 g BCAA

Then later in the day, 30 minutes pre-workout: One serving No hold N-O, 5 g creatine, 10 g l-glutamine, 5 g BCAA

Post-workout: 2 scoops of gold standard whey, 10 g glutamine

Is this regimen advisable, or would i be better off using the supplements in another way(I am especially lost on the BCAA) , or possibly adding something else?

Remember, this is just what i am going to ADD to my regular supplement use of protein powders, fish oil, multivitamins, green tea.

bump…

Okay here’s the problem, at your age you are overly concerned about supplements, body fat and just about everything else that doesn’t matter.

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Eat, a lot

2. Sleep a lot

3. Lift a lot (3 times per week in the 6-10 rep range).

I appreciate the fact that you’re thinking about things, but you are over thinking at this point.

Any of the make sense to you?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Okay here’s the problem, at your age you are overly concerned about supplements, body fat and just about everything else that doesn’t matter.

Here’s what you need to do:

1. Eat, a lot

2. Sleep a lot

3. Lift a lot (3 times per week in the 6-10 rep range).

I appreciate the fact that you’re thinking about things, but you are over thinking at this point.

Any of the make sense to you?[/quote]

I agree with your overall statement (that he is overthinking things), but why should he eat alot when he’s trying to cut? and lifting 3 times a week is not lifting alot.

To the OP stop overthinking things like ZEB said. Cut down on your carbs, and gradualy cut down on your overall calories (you may not even need to do this) at first just shift your general energy intake from carbs to fats, keep your protein the same).

As far as your exercise plan goes, if you wanna loose muscle it sounds very good.

Perfect rep. Read all CT’s stuff, and you’ll be the man. Why not follow I,BODYBUILDER?

Thank you all for the replies…

[quote]BulletproofTiger wrote:
Perfect rep. Read all CT’s stuff, and you’ll be the man. Why not follow I,BODYBUILDER?[/quote]

Well, thought about that too, but i sort of decided to ‘‘save’’ the ‘‘I,Bodybuilder’’ for the next time i’m going to put on wheight…I know that’s a kinda weird reasoning, and propably not even optimal, but, hey, i wanna give it all i got when i try the program…