Need help with my routine

Hello, I’m 19 years old. I am currently 5’3 130 pounds. My current goal weight is 150 pounds. Any help you are willing to offer is greatly appreciated.

Monday: Biceps and Back
lateral pull downs x4 (8-10)
seated cable rows x4 (8-10)
pull ups x4 (8-10)
one armed rows x4 (8 for each arm) (8-10)
bicep curl x1 (8-10)
hammer curl x1 (8-10)
bicep curl x1 (8-10)
hammer curl x1 (8-10)
bicep curl x1 (8-10)
hammer curl x1 (8-10)
bicep curl x1 (8-10)
hammer curl x1 (8-10)

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday: Legs and Shoulders
Squats x4 (8-10)
lunges x4 (16-20)
side laterals x1 (8-10)
front lateral x1 (8-10)
side laterals x1 (8-10)
front lateral x1 (8-10)
side laterals x1 (8-10)
front lateral x1 (8-10)
side laterals x1 (8-10)
front lateral x1 (8-10)
shrugs x4 (8-10)
military press x4 (8-10)

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Chest and Triceps
Bench press x1 (8-10)
push ups x1 (as many as I can)
Bench press x1 (8-10)
Bench press x1 (8-10)
Bench press x1 (8-10)
chest flies x4 (8-10)
inclinced chest flies x4 (8-10)
dips x4 (8-10)
cross cable x4 (8-10)
cable pull down x4 (8-10)
tricep overhead extension x4 (8-10)

Saturday: Rest

Sunday: Rest

Good God, man! It’s pretty long. The fact that you’re only training 3 days a week is good. However, you need to focus more on the core exercises: deadlifts, squats, benches, overhead presses, dips, etc. (emphasis on the deadlifts-you need more leg work). Also, are you training calves?

I suggest that you check out the FAQ here at T-Mag for the “Beginner’s Blast Off” program or just look over some of the other programs offered to get an idea of appropriate volume and exercise selection. Once you’ve got something together, repost it and we’ll be glad to help further.

BTW, the “lat” in “lat pulldown” is short for latissimus dorsi, not lateral.

Happy New Year, and welcome aboard.

Bro, that workout may help you out for a while, but ultimately, it will create some imbalances that will be hard to overcome later. At your age, I was right around the same size as you, and I even did similar type workouts. I recommend doing as suggested and focus on the core lifts as the main part of your workout. Working out three days a week is fine, but you may want to add some cardio or other stuff on your off days. The main thing that will help you reach your goal of 150lbs is your diet. Yep. It doesn’t really matter how much you train, if you don’t eat right, you’ll never gain weight. So for training, you’ll need to learn to mix things up every few weeks to continue making gains. I’d recommend the following programs for you. Convergent Phase Training, EDT, 5x5 or another good three-day-a-week workout posted on T-mag (Ian King workouts). Your current workout has an awful lot of volume for certain bodyparts while neglecting others. And sticking to the 8-10 rep range isn’t always the best thing to do. As for diet, learn to eat protein with every meal. Eat at least four meals a day, and try to eat 5-7 meals equally divided. Eat plenty of veggies, fruit, cottage cheese, eggs, raw nuts, lean protein and even some pasta and bread if you find it hard to gain weight. Keep reading T-mag, check out some of the back issues, and learn more to help avoid mistakes that many of us have made. Also, one of the main problems with your workout above is the lack of hamstring work.