T Nation

Need Help with My Clomid Treatment

Hello All,

I am 33, 5’7, 180 lbs

At first, I apologize for any spelling mistakes, English is my second language. To keep the story short. I was diagnosed with Low T (second) by an endo. She put me on Clomid, 25mg EOD for three months. It’s been 8 weeks on clomid and my number did in fact increased. However, I still feel horrible (tired/fogy/hard time thinking) maybe even worse than before… I wonder why I don’t feel better with higher testosterone. I feel a little discouraged and hopeless. I was hoping for you to take a look at my numbers and maybe have a suggestion or two.

My lab before the clomid was:
CORTISOL, TOTAL 19.9 3-22 mcg/dL CB
DHEA SULFATE 404 106-464 mcg/dL
FSH 3.7 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL
LH 3.4 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL
ESTRADIOL 21 < OR = 39 pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, LC/MS/MS 194 L 250-1100 ng/dL
FREE TESTOSTERONE 29.4L 35.0-155.0 pg/mL
PSA 0.6

After taking clomid for 8 weeks:

FSH WAS 4.6 ( REFERENCE: 1.6-8)
LH 3.6 (REFERENCE 1.5-9.3)
SHBC 27 (10-50)
ALDUMIN SERUM 4.8 (3.6-5.1)
PSA 1.5

Please let me know if you have any suggestions??? Thx!

After Clomid, does this mean you are no longer on Clomid?

I am on clomid. I meant after on clomid for few weeks.

I would increase the dose of little bit, you would rather have higher numbers because your levels will drop after you stop Clomid. You can’t afford to lose any of that what you’ve already got on Clomid.

Hey systemlord

I am taking 25 EOD. This seem to be a standard dose. Why would you increase if the results on paper look good.? I’m actually afraid that I feel more crappy because of clomid. Please let me know what do you mean by ’

You can’t afford to lose any of that what you’ve already got on Clomid.’

Thx for you help!

Some don’t feel well on clomid. Being your fsh can still go up some that’s why you may take more. You can try. But if you feel horrible and your estradiol is in range then it may not be for you.

Your LH/FSH response is rather low and your T status is not good enough. But might be helpful.

Some guys simply feel horrible with clomid. They feel bad and very depressed. Other guys do well with clomid. Nolvadex does not have that problem and you might do better with that.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re Thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab numbers and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

strong textThank you for reply! I decided to cut clomid in half. So it’s only 12.5 EOD. Can you please tell me what was your fatigue/tiredness with low t?! Was is more of a fatigue or sleepiness ?? I’m starting to question that my tiredness is caused by low t if with higher numbers doesn’t really improver. Also if you could look at my thyroid labs would be great. I read the sticky but it is quite a lot to take at once. .

You are low T, some guys just feel terrible on clomid even with great numbers. When you finly give up on Clomid, TRT will make you feel amazing.