T Nation

Need Help With Massive Eating

A few questions regarding Massive eating. I usually eat two P+C meals after my workout and then I hit the sack. On my non-workout nights, just for the sake of routine I’m consuming the same P+C meals at the same time (right before bed). My question is whether it would be better to consume P+F meals before bed on these non-workout days. Does eating P+C meals before bed lead to unnecessary fat gains over a length of time? The meals usually involve Grow!, Cottage Cheese, fruit, or Raisin Bran. I have to eat these meals on my workout nights but on the resting nights I’d like to make this adjustment if it would decrease the fat gains. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Also, I’m trying to determine if I should take a break from the eating program for a while. I’ve been on it very strictly for at least 2 months, I gained 4 pounds relatively quickly but I’ve only gained 2 since then. Do Massive Eating gains taper off after a certain amount of time? Should I go back to eating normal food combinations but maintain the same amount of calories for just a couple of weeks? A month?

Just one final question, this is the first time I’ve tried the program and I’m very pleased. I’m interested in any suggestions as to the best way to maintain the muscle after I’ve reached my goal. I started at 11.5% body fat and by the end I’m sure I’ll have gained a bit. I’m naturally skinny and I’ve never had a problem shedding the fat so I’ll probably just kick up the cardio. Once that is completed though I want to stay at my goal weight and keep the fat off. What is the best way to do this? I thought maybe eating the same P+C/P+F meals but simply decrease the calories down to a maintenance level? Any suggestions? Maybe Carbolin 19?

That’s a lot of questions all at once.

[quote]Farmer_jay wrote:
A few questions regarding Massive eating. I usually eat two P+C meals after my workout and then I hit the sack. On my non-workout nights, just for the sake of routine I’m consuming the same P+C meals at the same time (right before bed). My question is whether it would be better to consume P+F meals before bed on these non-workout days. Does eating P+C meals before bed lead to unnecessary fat gains over a length of time? The meals usually involve Grow!, Cottage Cheese, fruit, or Raisin Bran. I have to eat these meals on my workout nights but on the resting nights I’d like to make this adjustment if it would decrease the fat gains. Any suggestions are appreciated.[/quote]

I would avoid the P+C meals at night unless you work out.

Replacing the P+C meals at night on non-workout nights with P+F would be a good change.

I don’t know how old you are, but the older the get, the harder it will be to get rid of the fat without getting rid of some muscle. I haven’t tried Carbolin 19 yet, it’s on my list to try. I would recommend either the T-Dawg 2.0 diet or the HOT-ROX diet when you are finished with Massive Eating. Don’t reduce your calorie intake very quickly or you will just keep the fat and lose muscle. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I will switch to the P+F meals on my nonworkout days.

I’d still like to find out the best way to prevent stagnant growth while using Massive Eating. I’ve been looking at the Growth Surge Project as a possibility but I’m still up for any suggestions.

As for the last question, I’m really not concerned with getting rid of the fat, but mainly once I get rid of it, what is the best method of maintaining the muscle and low body fat. I wasn’t sure if Massive Eating principles could be applied just using slightly lower calorie amounts to maintain muscle? If so what would be the best workout program to maintain this physique at the same time?

Thanks again for any suggestions.

As you gain weight are you recalculating you caloric requirements or are you staying with the same amount of calories? I would suggest recalculating your caloric intake as you put weight on. Growth surge worked really well for me last year and I was using a massive eating intake. Good luck