Need Help with HCG

Got my script in for hcg but doc is out of town and can’t contact. I received a 10,000 I.U. Vial of hcg powder and a 1ML ampule of sodium chloride. No instructions ! What do i do with this? My plan is to use per protocol at 250mg eod.

no idea about the sodium chloride. My HcG packet requires me to inject 10ml sterilized or biostatic or something water that came with the packet into the 10,000 iu powder vial - slowly roll to mix - no shaking.

did the pharmacist give you an instruction packet? I thought those came with all drugs.

The instructions say “the injection should be reconstituted with sodium chloride injection IP provided immediately prior to use.”

Now, the sodium chloride is 1ML…so, that is the same amount provided with the other size hcg vials of 2000 and 5000. My vial of hcg is 10000. Do I mix the 1ML of sodium chloride with the 10000 of hcg powder, and if so, how long does it keep for, and for 250mg eod what is the dosage (based on the above info). Sorry for the stupid questions I just don’t want to make a mistake with the dosage.

You can reconstitute your hcg with the 1ml of sodium chloride although you might want more fluid to dilute it further. Its kinda simply math really. If you use only 1ml of fluid than that 1ml = 10000iu. So .1ml = 1000iu. So you have to take .025ml for your 250iu. Depending on your insulin syringe .025ml might be hard to accurately dose. It might be easier to add 2mls of total fluid. That way it would take .5ml for 250iu. The .5ml marker is usually much more pronounced and you’re not guessing if you are half way between .02 and .03.
What is also important is to only use one liquid to mix/reconstitute. So dont use 1ml of sodium chloride and 1ml of bact. water. Use only one fluid. Also refrigerated, the vial should keep for a couple months. 250iu’s EOD will take you 80 days to use up. Thats a bit beyond the range of how long hcg keeps in the fridge according to most published docs which have it at 60 days. So be mindful there.

Ok great this is just what i needed. I am guessing next time around I will have less filled so that I don’t go over 60 days.

Thanks again for the responses guys.

[quote]jhoward1102 wrote:
Got my script in for hcg but doc is out of town and can’t contact. I received a 10,000 I.U. Vial of hcg powder and a 1ML ampule of sodium chloride. No instructions ! What do i do with this? My plan is to use per protocol at 250mg eod. [/quote]

sodium cloride will last 1-2 days if lucky you need bacteriostatic water to achieve a 20-30 days life of your hcg. you need 10 cc bateria static water you put that in there you are going to waste your money really fast !!

[quote]Hardasnails wrote:

[quote]jhoward1102 wrote:
Got my script in for hcg but doc is out of town and can’t contact. I received a 10,000 I.U. Vial of hcg powder and a 1ML ampule of sodium chloride. No instructions ! What do i do with this? My plan is to use per protocol at 250mg eod. [/quote]

sodium cloride will last 1-2 days if lucky you need bacteriostatic water to achieve a 20-30 days life of your hcg. you need 10 cc bateria static water you put that in there you are going to waste your money really fast !! [/quote]

Ok that was going to be my next question , so I’ll go to cvs and get the bacteriwater…so it only keeps 20-30 days? Does it need to be refrigerated? I guess the 10000 iu is too much at a time to purchase, how much do u normally get at a time?

Yes, refrigerate after reconstitution.

and I keep getting conflicting answers when I ask about the shelf life of HCG.

There is still no clear answer. some say 30 days, others say 60, and others say 80. I am going with the 80 day answer (but that is because I have the 10ml bottle that could last me 120 days - and I don’t just want to throw it away).

[quote]PureChance wrote:
and I keep getting conflicting answers when I ask about the shelf life of HCG.

There is still no clear answer. some say 30 days, others say 60, and others say 80. I am going with the 80 day answer (but that is because I have the 10ml bottle that could last me 120 days - and I don’t just want to throw it away).[/quote]

Looks like the vial my powder came is only a 1ML bottle… so… I can I supposed only mix in 1 ML of BactStat Water… ?? Or draw that out and put in larger vial.

Where is this going? 10,000iu hCG normally comes with a 10ml or larger BA water vial in the same box.

BA water is 0.9% benzyl alcohol that prevents bacterial growth. Sodium chloride 0.9% solution, aka normal saline, has no anti-bacterial properties and hCG would not be safe. You must use BA water!!!

You can add 10ml or 5ml BA water to 10,000iu hCG then inject .25 ml or .125 ml to get 250iu hCG [“25” or “12.5” on an insulin syringe].

Inject the 10/5 ml BA water into the hCG vial, slowly with the water running down the side of the vial. Swirl to mix. Never shake. You should have a 3/5/10ml syringe to do this, use once then discard. You need a script for these larger syringes if you do not have already for injecting T.

At 250iu EOD, the 10,000 vial will last 40 doses or 80 days. Many have been doing this for many years. There is a clear answer. Yes some products say less, that does not change the reality.

Pharmacy really seems to have screwed up.