Need Help with Bulking

need help with bulking

Some basic information about me is
Weight-176
Height-5 foot 11
training for 3 years
21 years old
bench-305 squat 340, dead lift 355

I want to try and hit the 200 pound mark by 20 weeks. atleast 1 pound every week.
I could really use some nutrition help!

Todays meals went like this…

Breakfast- 1.5 cups dry oats, 3 egg whites, 2 cups whole milk
snack- pizza hut wings (this is where I work only option)
Lunch- hamburger/zuchinni caserrole
Dinner- 3 peanut butter sandwhiches and 2 egg whites, 3 cups of milk
bedtime snack- 2 cups dry oats, 2 cups whole milk

Calories =4200 carbs=430 fat= 190 protein= 220

Any advice please!

Why would you consider steroids? Im glad you took the smart route. Research as much as possible while you have time and really get your diet/training in check before considering.

Just my opinion increase protein but try it your way, worse comes to worse re adjust after a month =)

Thanks for the reply man… any food options for a good easy protein source?

And about the steroids… I had some guys in my ear about them and I am glad I did not listen to them and took the smart route.

Looking at the example day you gave, I’ve got a question not so much on the bulking side, but from more of a general health perspective: how much fruit and vegetables are you eating?

Thats a good question man… Right now I am not eating as much as I should be since I am still on break from college but Monday I will be back at college and will be eating in their cafeteria and they have tons of fruits and vegetables. Being at home there isnt as much of that option to eat so I am just waiting a few more days. Thanks for the question.

At 5’11’’ and 176 you are pretty far from any sort of genetic potential. I’d try eating more in general, especially more protein. Judging from your lifts, you need to prioritize leg training as well. Beefing up your legs is probably the easiest way for you to pack on some pounds. If I were you, i would try to increase frequency and/or volume of your leg work. Just my two cents though.

How are you getting 220 g of protein out of that?

milk=16 eggs=8 oats=17, wings=70, bread=12 pb=14 eggs=8 milk-24, milk=16 oats=17… i guess that is 202 grams of protein but my pre workout i drank some more protein in a shake and didn’t add that so that brings it to about 220…

can anyone give some advice and not a question lol

You’re going to be miserable having a set diet for bulking. Stomaching the same food week after week is easy when you’re dieting because you’re not eating that much, but when you are stuffing your face week after week with the same fucking casserole and have to eat two cups of dry oats before bed every night, you’re going to want to die.

Identify cheap, nutrient rich, high Calorie food, and prepare a menu of meals that will set you up for success.

For example, when I’m bulking, I eat shit load of home-made chicken fried rice.

Make about 8 cups of rice (about 4 cups uncooked).
Cut up five or six big chicken breasts and cook them in olive oil
Scramble a 12-15 eggs
Optional: Saute onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, peas (whatever you can afford or have time to do)
Combine it all in your biggest pot, and throw in a stick of butter
Add soy sauce to taste

Boil a set number of eggs per day, and eat e’ery single one of dem bitches. Boil them every night.

Find a good protein shake recipe for when you’re in a hurry. I like chocolate whey, whole milk, olive oil, oatmeal, peanut butter, and a banana.

[quote]Obisidian wrote:
You’re going to be miserable having a set diet for bulking. Stomaching the same food week after week is easy when you’re dieting because you’re not eating that much, but when you are stuffing your face week after week with the same fucking casserole and have to eat two cups of dry oats before bed every night, you’re going to want to die.

Identify cheap, nutrient rich, high Calorie food, and prepare a menu of meals that will set you up for success.

Scramble a 12-15 eggs
Optional: Saute onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, peas (whatever you can afford or have time to do)
Add soy sauce to taste

Boil a set number of eggs per day, and eat e’ery single one of dem bitches. Boil them every night.

Find a good protein shake recipe for when you’re in a hurry. I like chocolate whey, whole milk, olive oil, oatmeal, peanut butter, and a banana.

[/quote]

when you say boil them… do you mean like hard boil them and eat them like that or just eat the egg whites? and how do you like to buy your eggs since it would get kinda expensive after a while?

Look at your lifestyle as well.

When I was 21 I probably ate around 6000-7000 calories a day and never bulked up because I was constantly active (and had to ride my bike to work).

Now I’m 34 and eating around 4000-4500 cal a day and still managed to loose 5 lbs last week because my job is physical.

If you need more calories on the cheap up your milk intake (GOMAD).

And start working your legs harder. You want to get big but looking at your numbers your focusing on the relatively small muscles in your chest. Your legs feature the biggest muscles and are the foundation of your strength/power.

[quote]legge11 wrote:
So I have come to a point in my life where there is a choice between being a pussy or serious bulking. I debated on being a pussy for a couple months but I decided that instead I am going to put everything I have into trying something that just takes time and gain weight naturally, and ride this for a couple months since I am only 21 and still have years to grow but don’t realize it. Also who wants to comment on my shitty diet?

fixies no take backs.

Have fun eating in a clean bulking kind of way and it will take you twice as long as if you went to mcdonalds 4 times a week 2 meals a day. You’re at work and can’t bring you’re own food you pack from home? Quit you’re fucking job then. Because I bring 2 cheeseburgers and a salad to my work saturday considering i’m only 17.

You’re squat is 35 pounds higher then you’re bench…i’ll just stop there. I’m on a bulking diet too, i gained 5 pounds in 2 and a half weeks so far. But primarly, it’s fat (I’m hoping). If you truly don’t give a shit (which you shouldn’t, it’s winter) about how you might not have a six pack, then just EAT. Currently, i’m eating 6 waffles with whipped cream, syrup, cocunut oil, and butter. giant glass of whole chocolate milk, some fruit and a mcgriddle. Eat like this, feel full all the time, 4 times a day. Add more monounsaturated fats to you’re diet. BTW OP, nice bench, pretty impressive tbh.

[quote]Obisidian wrote:

Scramble a 12-15 eggs
Add soy sauce to taste

[/quote]

…olive oil,stop.