Need Help with Arm Growth

I need someone who knows what they are talking about to give me some advise. Currently i am 138 lbs and about 5’5’’ 19 years old. I am low bodyfat about 7-8% but i don’t have a problem putting on weight.

im gaining about a pound a week but what seems to be happening is that my back, chest, legs, and shoulders are all growing, however my arms are not getting bigger and especially not any thicker. here is my current routine:

Monday: Chest & biceps and abs

Tuesday: Hamstrings and calves

Wednesday: shoulders and abs

Thurs; rest

Friday: Back and Triceps

Sat: Quads and calves-sometimes abs

I am doing all the best mass gaining movements including bench press, barbell curls, squats, leg press, close grip bench press, dips, and more

my bi’s and tri’s are getting stronger and appear somewhat larger from the side but from head on they look very thin

You are 138lbs.

If you are gaining a weight and your lifts are progressing then your on the right track. Be patient. This game is a marathon not a sprint.

[quote]gymrat1993 wrote:
my bi’s and tri’s are getting stronger and appear somewhat larger[/quote]

What was the question again?

[quote]gymrat1993 wrote:
Currently i am 138 lbs and about 5’5’’ 19 years old. I am low bodyfat about 7-8% but i don’t have a problem putting on weight.
[/quote]

If you have no problem putting on weight then do it. At 138lbs you’re not going to be impressive anywhere. Carry on with the split you’re using while eating enough food to grow without getting too fat and come back here when you’re 180lbs. You’ll have much better arms.

lol

These troll threads really are getting annoying. Just think up something funny, not the same sh*t over and over again. “I’m 130lbs and my whatever don’t grow”

[quote]gymrat1993 wrote:

im gaining about a pound a week

Dude if your gaining a pound a week then just keep doing what your doing lol think about it you will weigh 190 in a year if you keep that up…and if you want bigger and thicker biceps do pull-ups, it sounds funny but it will really pack the mass on your back and bi’s and for your tri’s make sure your hands are about shoulder width apart when you do the narrow grip bench press and try do do things like dips, skull crushers and overhead extensions…do those things and you will get bigger arms I promise

Didn’t someone smart say you have to put like a solid 15-20#'s of muscle on to grow your arms 1"?
I would caution against skullcrushers. Yes they are a great mass builder, but they are also great at making tendonitis. A big bench will give you big tri’s. Other than dips I do nothing for my tri’s and they are just fine.

[quote]burnout225 wrote:

[quote]gymrat1993 wrote:

im gaining about a pound a week [/quote]

Dude if your gaining a pound a week then just keep doing what your doing lol think about it you will weigh 190 in a year if you keep that up…and if you want bigger and thicker biceps do pull-ups, it sounds funny but it will really pack the mass on your back and bi’s and for your tri’s make sure your hands are about shoulder width apart when you do the narrow grip bench press and try do do things like dips, skull crushers and overhead extensions…do those things and you will get bigger arms I promise [/quote]

Promise?

eat more, have more rest between sets, eat more, heavy low reps

[quote]gymrat1993 wrote:
here is my current routine:

Monday: triceps, biceps & abs

Wednesday: Back and chest

Thurs; rest

Friday: shoulders & biceps, triceps

Sat: Quads and calves & abs
[/quote]

/fixed

Now you’re working arms 3 days a week (chest=tris/back=bis) don’t forget to EAT LIKE A SUMO!

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:
Didn’t someone smart say you have to put like a solid 15-20#'s of muscle on to grow your arms 1"?
I would caution against skullcrushers. Yes they are a great mass builder, but they are also great at making tendonitis. A big bench will give you big tri’s. Other than dips I do nothing for my tri’s and they are just fine.[/quote]

you do bench and dips and thats it for tris?

From the avi’s in here definitely take advice on these guys for arms.

After that just start doing JM’s arm routine and youll notice growth

Use a tape measure so you don’t have to guess if they look thicker or not.

[quote]bignate wrote:

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:
I would caution against skullcrushers. Yes they are a great mass builder, but they are also great at making tendonitis. A big bench will give you big tri’s. Other than dips I do nothing for my tri’s and they are just fine.[/quote]

you do bench and dips and thats it for tris?[/quote]
That’s it. But I gotta come clean, I didn’t realize I was posting on a BB post, I assumed it was beginners…my bad.

forgot to change back to your other profile

[quote]EctoMorphosis wrote:

[quote]gymrat1993 wrote:
here is my current routine:

Monday: triceps, biceps & abs

Wednesday: Back and chest

Thurs; rest

Friday: shoulders & biceps, triceps

Sat: Quads and calves & abs
[/quote]

/fixed

Now you’re working arms 3 days a week (chest=tris/back=bis) don’t forget to EAT LIKE A SUMO! [/quote]

I don’t think this is necessarily the right way to go about it. He doesn’t need an arm spec.

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
From the avi’s in here definitely take advice on these guys for arms.

After that just start doing JM’s arm routine and youll notice growth[/quote]

x2 on anything by John Meadows. The man is a genius.

[quote]The Rattler wrote:

I don’t think this is necessarily the right way to go about it. He doesn’t need an arm spec.
[/quote]

I saw it was his 1st post and was being facetious(Suspected possible troll job). At 138 lbs should he have guns? Do we know how long he’s been training?