Need Help with 40/40/20 Menu

Hello all, Im needing some help here. Im needing some help with a 40/40/20 diet menu at 2988 calories.
Im 187 lbs
5 foot 8 inches
I would say moderately active so BMR=1928 X 1.55 = 2988 calories
Breaks down to Protein - 300 grams
Carbs - 300 grams
fats - 67 grams

So far I have the numbers down, but now I have no idea what my menu should look like. Please help.
Supplements on hand are: BSN syntha6, dymatize elite recoup BCAA’s, concrete creatine, and force factor.

If anymore info is needed, please let me know. Thanks for the help.

Really? You’ve done everything. Go find foods that fit your macros and plan some meals.

Are you attempting to lose fat with this or gain as much muscle as you can?

as impossible as it may be, a little of both. but for the most part, I would want to gain muscle!

Food to get on hand

Protein: Chicken breast, lean steaks, egg whites and some whole eggs, ground turkey

Carbs: Oatmeal, Rice, Potatoes, some fruit if you want

Fats: Fish oil, olive oil, natural peanut butter

Go on a site like fitday.com and plug in what a hypothetical 5-6 meals a day would look like for you and get the numbers close to what you are shooting for.

wow, this is hard to fit all nutrients into all these restraints, but this is what I got so far…

Servings    Calories     Fat     Carbs     Protein

Breakfast-7:30
Quaker quick quaker oats 2 300 6 54 10
egg beaters 4 120 0 4 24

Morning snack- 9:30
Prolab Lean Mass Complex 1 390 8 40 40
Flaxseed oil 1 130 14 0 0

Lunch-12:30
Brown rice 2 212 1.8 43.6 5
Broccoli 2 62 0 12 6
Chicken breast 2 240 3 0 52

Pre-workout-4:00

Post-workout-5:30
Brown rice 2 212 1.8 43.6 5
Broccoli 2 62 0 12 6
Chicken breast 2 240 3 0 52

Dinner- 7:30

2828        59      295         283

Let me know what you all think, and where I could add or subtract. Thanks.

wow that did not come out the way i typed it, ok well total calories = 2828. total fat = 59. total carbs = 295. total protein = 283

[quote]1baggeds10 wrote:
wow that did not come out the way i typed it, ok well total calories = 2828. total fat = 59. total carbs = 295. total protein = 283[/quote]

What is your weight, and are you to adding mass with this diet? I’m asking beacuse the numbers are very close the where I’m at and I am just starting to try to increase my muscle mass.

[quote]1baggeds10 wrote:
wow that did not come out the way i typed it, ok well total calories = 2828. total fat = 59. total carbs = 295. total protein = 283[/quote]

Well you are close… so add 5 more grams of carbs, 17 more grams protein and if needed 1 more gram healthy fat.

To Grubes09, im 187 pounds, and yes, trying to add mass.

To Scott M, How about my pre and post workout meals, are they sufficient enough?

I think that diet looks quite good to start out with.

Damn, 12 hours before you get to eat again after dinner? That’s gonna be rough…Can you not manipulate things at all to add in like a half cup of cottage cheese or a handful of almonds right before bed?

Nice to see someone actually did their homework before posting, props to you OP!

Ya I didnt even notice that! thanks for the catch waylanderxx! anyone have any ideas on how to prepare the egg beaters with oatmeal? i just put some oatmeal and mixed it with water and egg beaters, nuked it a bit, added some stevia and cinnamon. Not the greatest taste but bearable…

As for the prolab lean mass meal, WOW!!! talk about cardboard and an aftertaste! once again…bearable. hopefully i can throw some fruits in there that wont mess with my macros too much!

No solid food from 5:30pm to 7:30am is kinda tough. Have you tried this? Are you not hungry before bed?

nope, today is my first day on this diet. So far so…bland, but hey, its a process right?!!
anyhow,I have a question on the rice. The instructions say 1/4 cup will make 3/4 cups of rice. When putting this into my macros, do I use the 1/4 cup serving or the 3/4 cup serving for the nutricious value?

Fitday should have values for both the cooked and non cooked rice. I personally stick with using cooked measures on everything just to keep things uniform… as long as you are consistent with it you’ll be fine.

well I re-arranged some stuff on the diet, would it be acceptable to have carbs before bed included with my cottage cheese, or do I have to keep it only protein?

Personally I would rather put the carbs “to work” someone around a workout or earlier in the day to fuel training but you won’t magically turn fat if you have some carbs before bed.

[quote]1baggeds10 wrote:
Ya I didnt even notice that! thanks for the catch waylanderxx! anyone have any ideas on how to prepare the egg beaters with oatmeal? i just put some oatmeal and mixed it with water and egg beaters, nuked it a bit, added some stevia and cinnamon. Not the greatest taste but bearable…

As for the prolab lean mass meal, WOW!!! talk about cardboard and an aftertaste! once again…bearable. hopefully i can throw some fruits in there that wont mess with my macros too much![/quote]

Instead of trying to eat egg beaters and oatmeal, I’d prefer egg beaters and Ezekiel Bread toast for your carbs. I think the EZ bread is as good or better of a whole grain carb as that oatmeal is. And it is a much better match to eggs for breakfast. Heh.

To make the eggs taste better, I’d mix in some sauteed spinach or some some sauteed peppers with a little onion. Those things are healthy, low in calories, and make the egg beaters a lot more interesting.

Oh and I highly recommend MyPlate over at livestrong.com for tracking calories and macros. Their database is huge. Also has nearly every name brand food product in it, including Biotest stuff.