T Nation

Need Help Understanding Bloodwork

I used steroids at a young age of 16-18. Anadrol/Test C/Deca
I just now got blood work done at 24 to see if I had done any damage.
Im not 100% sure what levels I should be looking at but here are some of the numbers.

Test serum: 452ng/dl ( Range 264-916)
Free Test: 16.5 pg/ml (Range 9.3-26.5)
LH: 7.5 ( Recommended Range 1.7-8.6)
FSH: 4.4 (Range 1.5-12.4 )
Estrodial: 21.8 (Range 7.6-42.6)

The test stated I had high cholesterol. I eat 8 eggs a day so I am guessing that is why. Also high Bilirubin. 1.4 range 0.0-1.2

age 24 weight 200lb

Eggs don’t typically cause high cholesterol, I wouldn’t make that assumption if I were you. I’ve spent over a year testing it for myself, I’ve tried 0,3, and 6 eggs, and my cholesterol didn’t budge. I have high cholesterol from genetics and nothing else. Does anyone in your family have high cholesterol?

I’m not super knowledgeable on the hormonal numbers. They’re not great, but they could be a lot worse given the choices you made in your teenage years. Someone else I’m sure will chime in more.

I didn’t think eggs caused high cholesterol either. I’ll have to look into it more.

Do you have any low T symptoms? Numbers are pretty normal. A little low for your age bracket but not everyone is blessed by the gods to have exceptional T levels. Barring symptoms otherwise there is no need to do anything about it.

No symptoms. I was just debating on potentially starting a cycle again.

You should not cycle anything with elevated Bilirubin. You are highly at risk of developing Jaundice. You need to work with your doctor to figure out why it’s high and address it first.

Animal products cause high cholesterol. So yes any saturated fat from your diet will contribute to it.

When I dropped animal products from my diet, my cholesterol almost halved, go figure.

Im not telling anyone to go vegan before someone decides to defend carnivores (which is always the case when i mention my diet changes), I’m just telling you what i observed.

SB

Drop all animal products from your diet for a month and retest cholesterol.

SB

Haha, never gonna happen! Couldn’t realistically live that way. I will say though… as a teenager, I hated meat; chicken, turkey, pork, or steak… only fish and eggs maybe once a week, and my LDL was 250+, oh, and I played competitive soccer for two clubs, mid field, and weighed 115-125lbs. I honestly think I just truly got screwed. I’ll probably have to hop on a statin by 40, at no real fault of my own.

I’d hop on a statin tho before cutting out meat now. I just couldn’t do it personally. Not to mention I can’t imagine personally being able to even keep my current size without it. I can’t imagine 3500-4000 calories without meat! Looks like you’re doing well though, I just couldn’t do it.

Haha i thought so, it was just a suggestion to prove the link between animals fats and cholesterol. But its all good, i used to be a heavy meat eater, I’d be lying if i said I dont miss it.

SB

1 Like

I’m sure if I cut it all out, it would drop, a bit. No doubt. But even when young and not eating much meat at all, it was absurdly high.

I am always in awe when I see your size, and knowing you don’t eat meat. It’s highly impressive.

2 Likes

How much do you drink?. High bilirubin is never good. Even in my peak drinking days never got BR out of line.

@maddog352002 @unreal24278
What can be done about high bilirubin? Any supplements?

Labs 8/20/18

Labs 4/29/19 (6 months later)

I’ve read about 2 sets of supplements depending on what’s causing it. I’ve used both.

Fatty liver, choline, inositol and methionine at 1000, 1000 and 500 mg . This can cause high BP.

Drinking damage milk thistle and dandelion root 1000 mg each. If you’re allergic to rag weed may cause irritation.

Really its stopping whatever you are doing and drinking lots of water.

I don’t drink ?