Need Help, Should I Be Searching for TRT

First let me say im new here. I’m 23 years old American. I went to the doctor with symptoms of, fatigue, unintended weight loss(from 190 to 159) fat loss but also muscle loss, feeling weak as well. He ran some tests and showed high TSH but normal T3 and T4, decided to do an ultra sound on my thyroid. “Slightly enlarged but nothing of concern” I pressed him a little more and asked if testosterone/estrogen imbalanced could be the cause and he dismissed it saying “typically you would experience weight gain, not a loss, and technically you’re still In a healthy weight range.” So He decides to give me a 25mcg of Levothyroxine with a follow up in 3 months. It’s been 2 weeks on the med, I feel less foggy through the day but not 100% weight down to 147. I don’t really have a problem with erections but I don’t have much of a sex drive… don’t think I ever have so I honestly have no frame of reference on that. I do and have worked out couple years now with my brother whose been doing it for 10+ years. I’ve had minimal success but some improvement from 2-3 years ago does this sound like T problems? Help please, thanks

One way to find out if you have low t is by blood test. Weight loss of 21 pounds in what time frame. You need exact lab results on here with ranges. So if you post those you will get more responses. The medicine Dr gave you is for a hypo thyroid meaning it is slowing down - dr. probably did this from the TSH reading. again, need exact readings. With the weight loss and you continue losing weight, need complete blood labs like CBC, Lipids, Metabolic panel. ALso, with full thyroid panel and hormones.

Do check oral body temps to eval overall thyroid status.

You will be iodine deficient if not using iodized salt.

Low thyroid status typically means fat gain. Hyperthyroidism can lead to fat loss.

Thyroid lab ranges are stupid. Ignore “normal”

TSH should be near 1.0
T3, T4, fT3, fT4 should be mid-range or a bit higher.

You should be testing TSH, fT3, fT4 - not T3 T4
fT3 is the only active hormone that acts on thyroid receptors.

Stress can increase rT3 that blocks some fT3 action at receptors. See the sticky for: rT3, stress, illness/infection/inflammation, adrenal fatigue and Wilson’s book.

Labs:
TT
FT
LH/FSH
prolactin
TSH, fT3, fT4
CBC
hematocrit
fasting glucose
fasting cholesterol
AM cortisol - at 8AM or 1 hour after waking up

Unexpected weight loss: Any rashes? [cancer]

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Okay great, I can post all my exact labs and ranges. Sorry i was typing my message on my way into work and didn’t have all the info memorized. I’ll be sure to update ASAP

I have gathered the tests that you listed and compiled them into a chart over time. Just for clarification my weight loss was 30 pounds over 3 months then down 12 pounds in last 3 months total of 42 pounds lost

Here are my 3 CBCs 2A8C3FC9-60D3-49E4-8934-B520638C422D

So… does anything look off to anyone?