Need Help Sculpting This Mass

If you do exactly what flip described in the post, you’ll do just that my man. Try not to overthink it.

2 Likes

Do the Dan John routine like Chris recommended and read pretty much any 10 articles off the T Nation part of the site.
John Rusin has good stuff also for shoulder rehab/prehab

1 Like

Yep, this is pretty much exactly the advice I would give.

Eat real food
Drink water and maybe coffee (if needed)
Lift something
Cardio is optional, far from mandatory.

3 Likes

I already told you. eat better and lift weights. It’s not rocket science.

3 Likes

The only secret is consistency over time. Eat, lift, sleep, repeat…

1 Like

You got a ton of good advice here, there’s only one caveat I would add: You didn’t get that big overnight, so don’t expect to get skinny overnight either. You’ll definitely start seeing improvement quickly as you cut garbage out of your diet and become more active, but think in terms of months rather than weeks, you’re in this for the long haul if you really want to get lean.

Also, @jackolee is pretty much a go-to guy for nutrition advice, but also don’t panic if you have a bad day and fall off the wagon. 1 bad day won’t derail you, and it’s easy to get down on yourself for slipping up. Just move forward and do better the next day.

4 Likes

Re not having junk food at home, one thing that I found helpful is actually writing a grocery list, and trying to buy them as quickly as possible. That means I cant browse or impulse buy stuff. Good for food choices, good for wallet

2 Likes

Just for comparison, I am 1 inch shorter than you and about 5 lbs lighter and more than twice your age. I was fat and out of shape and resumed training 3 months ago after a 20 year layoff. Dropped 20 lbs and added muscle at the same time. What worked for me diet wise was dropping refined cards…bread, pasta, sugary desserts etc and instead getting my carbs from fresh vegetables, a bit of whole grains such as brown rice and legumes. I am consuming roughly .8 grams protein/lb of body weight. My cardio is simply walking, 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 miles 5 days a week

3 Likes

Hell yeah man, that’s impressive. Highly appreciate the advice and motivation.

1 Like

You’re very right with that. I do need to just go straight for the right foods and avoid the fast food takeouts and soft drinks. Thanks!

1 Like

Highly appreciate it man, it can be impossible some days but like you said gotta keep on adding.

Thanks man, I dread it but it’s better I accept it now.

Thanks for the advice man.

Thanks man, I appreciate the warm welcome and all the info I need to get started.

Life and my non dominant shoulder was bugging pretty bad that I went months after enduring the exaggerated pain I felt on my shoulder to a physical therapist who helped build up the muscles lacked surrounding the deltoids. I’m back at it again and I really can’t say much until I can start tracking progress.

I’m not an expert at weight loss by any stretch of the imagination (I’m fighting to keep myself where I am most of the time), but if you have access to a set check out some of the kettlebell routines. They’re probably one of the best tools for time efficiency and getting a workout in. The best workout for you is the one that you’ll stick to.

2 Likes

Amen.

1 Like

Here you go- a 4 week kettlebell program guaranteed to shave you down if you stick with it… and it’s a Dan John article to boot. If it’s been 2 years since going to the gym, you might want to try it with the smaller bell.

1 Like

True story

These 50 rep sets are a real arse kicker. Be prepared for soreness in unexpected places.

2 Likes