Need Help on My Upper/Lower Routine

I started this new Upper / Lower routine yesterday, but I Feel like there isn’t a lot of exercises, there is only 1 exercisefor every body part, while other routines have about 2 for chest/back…

This is an example of what I did yesterday…is it enough to stimulate muscle growth, and is it a good routine for bulking? (Upper B is basically the same format but all the exercises change, incline bench, pullup, side laterals…)
Upper A:
flat bench
db row
shoulder press
db shrug
close grip bench press
barbell curl

sets/reps change every week, yesterday I did 3x8-10, next week is 4x6, then lower, and then theres a deload week…

Any suggestions on making this a better routine for bulking? Or is it good as it is?

thanks!!

Yes, more exercises and more isolation will make this a better bulking routine.

I loved a TBT training approach, in this case half body, when I was powerlifting. Squat/Bench/Dead every 2-3 days did wonders for my numbers.

It didn’t do much for size and refinement.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

I loved a TBT training approach, in this case half body, when I was powerlifting. Squat/Bench/Dead every 2-3 days did wonders for my numbers.

It didn’t do much for size and refinement. [/quote]

Thanks for the help! You have any tips on which exercises to add ? More chest and back exercises? More arms and shoulders?

Also, for bulking would you recommend a 4 day split (chest/tri, back/bi, legs, shoulders) over this upper/lower ? Or is it better to train eachuscle 2x a week?

Thanks again!

[quote]JPereiraMP wrote:

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

It didn’t do much for size and refinement. [/quote]

Thanks for the help! You have any tips on which exercises to add ? More chest and back exercises? More arms and shoulders?

Also, for bulking would you recommend a 4 day split (chest/tri, back/bi, legs, shoulders) over this upper/lower ? Or is it better to train eachuscle 2x a week?

Thanks again![/quote]

My sweet spot seems to be training each muscle twice every 8 days when it comes to hypertrophy.

However everyone is different and some people like bodypart weekly splits as well.

Currently I am having a lot of success with this.

Back/Bi
Chest/Tri/Delt
Legs
Rest
Repeat

Back/Chest/Legs/Shoulders

Typically 4 exercises.

Reps range from 5-20, average 10-15

Arms

Typically 3 exercises

Reps range from 10-20, average 12-15

Back Day 1

Focus on rowing - strength progression on first exercise, so very heavy and hard, might be where those 5 reps sets come in.

Then everything else is for the pump so to speak. Form, squeezes, short rest periods, slow negatives, TUT is the goal…that’s my mindset and where the high rep sets come in.

Chest Day 1

Focus on flat bench - strength progression.

Same as back for other exercises.

Legs Day 1

Focus on Back Squat - strength progression.

Same as chest and back on other exercises.

Delts Day 1

DB Press

Then high rep laterals, and rear delt stuff.

Back Day 2

Focus more on chins and stick with more exercises like that as opposed to rowing.

Won’t say it anymore but use the first back day as a template for what is to come on all other exercises.

Chest Day 2

Incline Press

Legs

Front Squat

Delts

Heavy Side laterals and partial side laterals. A lot of time I start with rear delt flys or something on this day.

Arms are up in the air, lots of dumb bells and cables.