Need Help - Low FREE Testosterone !!!

Hey You Guys,

Been a long time lurker around this website but never posted anything… Some great info here…

Took a blood test recently and this is what prompted me to create an account and log in.
Blood test results are as follows -
Testosterone - 490 ng/dl (Ref. range - 280 to 800 ng/dl) [I know its a shitty value but then its still within the normal range]

LH - 3.76 mic IU/ml ( Ref. range - 1.1 to 7.0 mic IU/ml)
FSH - 3.18 mic IU/ml ( Ref. range - 1.7 to 12.0 mic IU/ml)
Prolactin - 20.20 ng/ml (Ref. range - 1.5 to 19 ng/ml)
Estradiol - 44.60 pg/ml (Ref. range - 7.63 to 42.6 pg/ml)
FREE Testosterone - 1.89 pg/ml(Ref. range - 4.5 to 42 pg/ml) [this is the bad part]

Any help or suggestions as to whats wrong here and what can help me… Your suggestions are greatly appreciated…

Thanks

BUMP !

Free T is generally calculated using your TT and your SHGB. I would get the SHGB value as well. Lowering E2 (which is quite elevated despite the “range”) will lower SHGB and raise FT levels. This gives you some of the what but not the why. Post stats per the stickies at the top of the page.

Google Dr Shippen nomogram to see what I’m talking about. Research high SHGB and learn up to see if anything correlates to your situation.

Low LH/FSH would indicate you are slightly secondary hypogonadic.

Good luck to you.

Would I have to take AIs throughout life or maybe go on TRT…?
I am 29 / M
weigh 88 kgs.

Took Anabrez (Anastrozole) 4 months back, felt great initially but then started to get the bone pains and after stopping the medication got the re bound / bloat… stinks… I did feel the increase in T when on medication. Major thing my eye sight greatly improved…
Thinking of going into Aromasin now… any suggestions about a supplement / medication that can help me…?
Oh by the way, the anabrez was standalone (NOT TAKEN ANY ROIDS)

BUMP !

BUMP… !!

Getting E2 down would be a good start. Just get the dosing correct. It takes some trial and error. .2mg per day took me from 40s to the 20s before full on T replacement. Made a pretty big difference.

Would taking a few shots of Deca help while on AI cause it causes bone mineral loss / bone pain… the pain is kinda harsh to bear… or would using aromasin along with nolvadex help… can someone throw some light as to why my free testosterone is soooo low…

BUMP !!!

Finally here.

Read the advice for new guys sticky and come back with more info. We want to find the cause if your low T and perhaps that can be fixed. You need more labs posted here too.

Do you have gyno? Check feels like grains of rice? High E2 and high prolactin is a serious issue.

Prolactin can be associated with non-refractive visual field disturbances. One checks for reduction of width of peripheral vision, which should be near 180 degrees, even >180 for some. You should have a MRI to check for a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma. For a young man with low T and high prolactin, that is often done.

Proper dose of AI does not cause any joint or bone issues at all! Deca, that is totally stupid and dangerous. We have had guys kill their HPTA with deca only cycles; and not able to restart. In your state, your dose of anastrozole should not be more than 0.5mg/week in divided doses.

Are you playing deca? It can increase prolactin and prolactin can mess up your HPTA and the expression “Deca Dick” refers to deca induced ED.

Problems with AI is from E levels that are too low. Read the advice for new guys sticky. You may be an over-responder and you need to be guided by labs.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Finally here.

Read the advice for new guys sticky and come back with more info. We want to find the cause if your low T and perhaps that can be fixed. You need more labs posted here too.

Do you have gyno? Check feels like grains of rice? High E2 and high prolactin is a serious issue.

Prolactin can be associated with non-refractive visual field disturbances. One checks for reduction of width of peripheral vision, which should be near 180 degrees, even >180 for some. You should have a MRI to check for a prolactin secreting pituitary adinoma. For a young man with low T and high prolactin, that is often done.

Proper dose of AI does not cause any joint or bone issues at all! Deca, that is totally stupid and dangerous. We have had guys kill their HPTA with deca only cycles; and not able to restart. In your state, your dose of anastrozole should not be more than 0.5mg/week in divided doses.

Are you playing deca? It can increase prolactin and prolactin can mess up your HPTA and the expression “Deca Dick” refers to deca induced ED.

Problems with AI is from E levels that are too low. Read the advice for new guys sticky. You may be an over-responder and you need to be guided by labs.

[/quote]

Hi KSMan,

thank you for coming in and throwing some light into the matter. No I haven’t taken DECA or any extragenous test for that matter… just thought that Deca mite help while on AIs as it causes bone pain… Deca does increase bone mineral content so I thought it mite help…
I am fat and skinny… no muscles… I feel like a lousy piece of shit… kinda timid person and too cautious at times… feel like being cheated sometimes or maybe being fooled… my doctor says it’s mostly a mental issue and nothing to worry… keeps saying he’s not a qwark although I think he is… he won’t give me any AIs or cabergoline… says that the Free T ain’t important only the total T… I need some advice as to what can help me here…

by the way can you also tell me how you divide the AI doses for 1 mg anastrozole or 2.5 mg Letrozole… like do you use a pill cutter or maybe use a pill pulvarizer and then divide the powder… Please help me…!!!

1 more thing to KSMan… I dont have any lumps… do feel a slight gyno… when a I do press and feel chest does feel like pushing a sack of rice…

We have a thread about idiot doctors… you have one.

You can get anastrozole on your own" research chemical anastrozole - Google Search

the above is a liquid and you can dispense by the drop.

Some make up their own liquid with vodka and use a dropper bottle.

You can try 0.5mg/week in EOD doses. If you dissolve for 1mg/ml, that will be around 4 drops.