T Nation

Need Help Getting Ripped

I am sure there are posts like this one. I don’t have a lot of time to sift through posts to find what I am looking for so I hope someone can help me. I just currently joined a gym and I am looking to get as close to the attached photo as possible. You can see my current photo on my homepage. I know it will obviously take a long time. Any nutrition and exercise tips and pointers will be greatly appreciated! Feel free to PM me also! Thanks in advance!!

If you can’t take the time to do a simple search and do some reading, you’re fucked, because you don’t care enough to actually make anything out of yourself. Take some time, read the stickies, and come back with specific questions.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
If you can’t take the time to do a simple search and do some reading, you’re fucked, because you don’t care enough to actually make anything out of yourself. Take some time, read the stickies, and come back with specific questions. [/quote]

have you ever tried using T-Nation’s search engine?It fucking sucks.

Your absolutely right the search engine sucks. I tried searching and couldnt really find much, so I figured why not post. But if I am going to keep getting responses like ninjas then i guess i have no choice but sitting on the computer all day searching. I have 2 kids and 4 jobs. 2 full-time and 2 part-time. And yes i can make time for exercise. But i guess this isnt how I am going to find any tips and pointers. Thanks anyways.

First read this

and this

as well as the discussion forums associated to them. Come up with a plan based on these articles and get to work.

Then in your free time take a look at this

and start reading all the threads started by Christian Thibaudeau here

Good Luck.

Will do! Appreciate it!

Ok people open your eyes and minds cause im going to drop some knowledge in the house.

We all agree that the T-Nation search engine sucks ? but we can all agree that google is a pretty good search engine ?

so why not alter google to become our very own search engine that only looks after stuff on T-Nation

now you might think “Wow blunt can you really do that ? that would make my world a better place to live”

and id be happy to say id be happy to learn yall how to do this and as a bonus i will explain it so even a 3 year old can understand

Step 1: open browser
Step 2: place cursor in adress line
step 3: put in www.google.com
Step 4: on the search bar on google put “site:tmuscle.com” without the “”
Step 5: press the space button and write your search words. a search could be “site:tmuscle.com beginner”
that search would return this as the top page http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/are_you_a_beginner_ii

witch is pretty much what you want.

And Wannagetripped this advice is not for you ! its for everyone else on this site ! how the fuck do you suppose you aint got time to do a little searching or even just looking in the stickies but all us other dudes got plenty of time to answer the same questions over and over again !! GRrrr makes me fucking angry to listen to people like you… have fun being fat !

[quote]OT wrote:

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
If you can’t take the time to do a simple search and do some reading, you’re fucked, because you don’t care enough to actually make anything out of yourself. Take some time, read the stickies, and come back with specific questions. [/quote]

have you ever tried using T-Nation’s search engine?It fucking sucks.[/quote]
Yes, I have, yes it sucks, but it’s not all that hard to figure out. Plus, it’s not exactly rocket science to find a sticky called “Must reads for beginners” at the top of the forum. If someone can’t at least put that much effort into it, they probably aren’t capable of committing to the months and years required to change their appearance. Worst case scenario, the OP now has someone to prove wrong.

Now I am not talking about you BLUNT… But I love people who sit in chat rooms and on forums and talk shit on people. Those people have no lives. And most of those guys are over weight losers with no g/f’s, wives or friends to hang out with. I used to be cut to hell when I played football and didnt have a family to support, but with working, and keeping, 4 jobs the past 5 years it kinda takes a toll on your body when you dont have time for exercise. But now I am trying to make time. And maybe im crazy but i thought me posting on here was doing research? I figured a quick easy way to get info is to just make a post. I was just looking for info like ACTrain sent me. Which was very helpful and what I was looking for. I did go through the forums and did learn alot. I also figured I would post and see what other info people might give me looking specifically at my body and the body I want. Guess not. So I know now it was pointless.

People always come in ask how do I get ripped, then get torn apart. Over and over again. Its not personal against you Wanna. There are helpful people on this site who have answered this question 9 thousand times, they’re tired. And the rest don’t give a f*ck about you sadly. Life is tough sometimes.

Your researching won’t hurt half as much as the training part will, so if you’re complaining now you’re not going to get very far.

Just think about it, how is someone supposed to answer “How do I get ripped?” over and over and over again And maintain THEIR jobs and look after THEIR kids and THEIR responsibilities. If the questions were that simple you would already have the answers.

Quit being so F$cking selfish.

First of all, I am in no way, shape, or form complaining, everyone else is of the question i asked. Second of all, how am i being selfish? I am not making anyone get online and respond to my “stupid” question. Everyone is choosing to get on and choosing to answer. Third of all, if everyone has answered this question 9,000 times, wouldt it be easier to just copy and paste the fucking answer then too sit at home and right sentence after sentence and paragraph after paragraph about how many people asked that question and how i should do research and bla bla. Everyone complains its annoying and a pain in the ass about how people ask the same questions but yet they sit at home and talk shit and NOT answer a question. Doesnt make sense to me.

[quote]wannagetripped wrote:
First of all, I am in no way, shape, or form complaining, everyone else is of the question i asked. Second of all, how am i being selfish? I am not making anyone get online and respond to my “stupid” question. Everyone is choosing to get on and choosing to answer. Third of all, if everyone has answered this question 9,000 times, wouldt it be easier to just copy and paste the fucking answer then too sit at home and right sentence after sentence and paragraph after paragraph about how many people asked that question and how i should do research and bla bla. Everyone complains its annoying and a pain in the ass about how people ask the same questions but yet they sit at home and talk shit and NOT answer a question. Doesnt make sense to me.[/quote]

Newb.

Squats and milk.

First of all, I am in no way, shape, or form complaining, everyone else is of the question i asked. Second of all, how am i being selfish? I am not making anyone get online and respond to my “stupid” question. Everyone is choosing to get on and choosing to answer. Third of all, if everyone has answered this question 9,000 times, wouldt it be easier to just copy and paste the fucking answer then too sit at home and right sentence after sentence and paragraph after paragraph about how many people asked that question and how i should do research and bla bla. Everyone complains its annoying and a pain in the ass about how people ask the same questions but yet they sit at home and talk shit and NOT answer a question. Doesnt make sense to me.[/quote]
that copy and paste answer is called a sticky. it’s at the top of this forum. read it. good luck, hope everything goes well.

You seem to be under the impression that I was flaming you. I wasn’t, I was telling you god’s honest truth. If you can’t take 45 minutes to do some reading, make a basic plan, and come up with actual questions, how the hell do you expect to take 1 hour a day several times a week to lift?

I know what it’s like to have a family, a job, a long commute, and the other duties that go with having a real life, I’ve been there myself, and I’ve had to do crazy shit like late night workouts, etc. The reason that “everyone complains its annoying and a pain in the ass” is not because we’re crazy, but because we know that ultimately it’s up to you to make a change in your life, and if you can’t get yourself started, you likely won’t be able to make any real progress anyways.

I even told you to look at the stickies, and you chose to come back and make excuses instead.

From my personal experience, go to http://www.christianthibaudeau.com/index.html and spend $40 for his Get Jacked! e-book… It’s the best I’ve ever seen… It also gives you control on picking what foods to select, etc. so if you don’t like certain things, then that’s cool as there’s about 20 other choices… Gets into food timings, exercise routines (each week), supplements, etc.

I dropped 25lbs doing it and was in the best shape of my life last summer and plan to do it again this coming year…

I even had friends that I’ve known all my life come up to me and say “Holy $hit you look friggin’ huge” and that was when I dropped 25lbs…

This was also a very interesting program and different from anything else I had done in the past, in that my strength gains went through the roof… I was loosing weight, yet blowing through my previous PR’s nearly every week… On the bench alone, my previous PR became my “warm-up” weight, with me adding a full plate per side to the bar for a new PR…

IMHO, you get what you pay for… There’s free stuff everywhere that works, but to a degree… You get a coach like CT that puts it all down for you in your own personal training system for $40 and it puts anything else to shame…

I truly understand why 09’ers get bagged on. OP, if you are too lazy to find out for yourself, you’re too lazy to get where you wanna be. Do you think the guy you wanna look like got someone else to do his legwork? I doubt it. Stop being a spoiled little girl and put in the work EVERYONE on this site is putting in. There is no magic wand.

Your absolutely right the search engine sucks. I tried searching and couldnt really find much, so I figured why not post. But if I am going to keep getting responses like ninjas then i guess i have no choice but sitting on the computer all day searching. I have 2 kids and 4 jobs. 2 full-time and 2 part-time. And yes i can make time for exercise. But i guess this isnt how I am going to find any tips and pointers. Thanks anyways. [/quote]

Getting ripped isn’t about “tips and pointers.” It’s about working hard, consistently, and correctly in the gym while not eating shitty food; about following a plan. You may want to detail your plan* for getting ripped, and post it here for some constructive criticism. Show you’re trying to help yourself, and others will help you. Replying to forum posts takes time, and most people on here are very busy.

*Don’t have one? Make one. Someone here might do it for you, but people typically pay for these types of things.