Need Help For Puzzling Situation

Alright some basic info. My gf is 153cm tall, weighs 45kg, and has a totally non-existant exercise life (except for walking her dog).

Recently, she decided to start doing some basic exercises (jogging 10 mins, 200 situps/jumping jacks a day etc). She eats the same amount of food regardless. Howeverm she has put on 1.5kg since she started exercising. Whats up with that?

Shes likely changing body comp losing fat and addins muscle muscle is more dense less area weight the same as larger area of fat,

How are her measurements coming and performance?

Phill

She probably gained a little bit of muscle…especially if she hasn’t exercised before.

Weight isn’t the best judge of fat loss. I hope the gaining doesn’t discourage her from exercising. Although it’s not what I’d personally do, it’s better than nothing.

You should have her look at some of the articles here :).

Not really that puzzling. If she just started added some exercises she has probably just put on some muscle weight. Exercise also helps the muscles to store more glycogen. This is a form of sugar.

Basically when you exercise the muscles can adapt by storing more fuel in the muscle which adds some weight. As long as the weight she is putting on is solid rather than fat I wouldn’t worry.

Thanks guys! Thats going to be a relief for her

I seriously doubt that she has replaced much fat to muscle given the term ‘recently’ and the exercise routine given.

More likely, she weighed in at a particular time when she was carrying more fluid than the previous weigh in.

Encourage her efforts to begin and continue her training. At that weight and height, I would expect to see an increase in weight rather than a decrease. I mean, how much lower than 95 do you want her to drop?

sasquatch, you mean 45 rather then 95 right? I’m fine with her weight, but she feels that although she is light, she is a ‘flabby’ 45, especially around the abs and underarms, which is why she is exercising to tone up.

[quote]mongerman wrote:
sasquatch, you mean 45 rather then 95 right? I’m fine with her weight, but she feels that although she is light, she is a ‘flabby’ 45, especially around the abs and underarms, which is why she is exercising to tone up. [/quote]

If she want TONE she needs to LIFT heavy shit. Go to MWA and look at some of the article there the numbers the figure gals are putting up in the thread in the sorority etc it aint no game of pink DB’s and endless cardio. What makes us guys BIG will make her HOT!! firm and “Tone”

Phill

[quote]mongerman wrote:
sasquatch, you mean 45 rather then 95 right? I’m fine with her weight, but she feels that although she is light, she is a ‘flabby’ 45, especially around the abs and underarms, which is why she is exercising to tone up. [/quote]

I ‘loosely’ translated it to pounds. Sorry for the confusion. That said, My gist was don’t focus on the weight and short term adjustments. People can fluctuate a great deal from day to day so a weight can be influenced by many things. A day of heavy carbs could lead to some water retention for a next day weigh in…etc.

Encourage her efforts and applaud her achievements. If she decides to lift more and differently–great. Help her there as well. But you don’t need to ram heavy squats and deads down her throat. That may have an adverse effect
I’d rather see people doing something than nothing–or what others may consider the only or perfect thing.