T Nation

Need Help Finding a New Program

Hi there, everybody. Iâ??m hoping someone can recommend me a lifting program, based on my goals. A little history:
Iâ??ve been overweight my whole life, even though Iâ??ve been listing for the past 6 or so years. Iâ??ve always been one of those strong-but-fat guys.

In the last 2 years, I changed that. I went from 5â??10 255 lbs to around 185 lbs, after doing the V-Diet twice and working hard in between on losing weight. I weighed in at 185 in September. Since then, Iâ??ve been trying to bulk up and add some muscle. I currently weigh in at 200, and Iâ??m roughly as lean as I was in September, itâ??s pretty obvious Iâ??ve added quite a bit of muscle and I couldnâ??t be happier. What Iâ??m really looking for is to take things to the next level.

First off: supplements and nutrition. I get somewhere between 240-300 grams of protein a day. Coming from 2-3 protein shakes (2 scoops Pro Complex, 1 scoop Carbo Gain) and meals. I have between 5 and 6 meals a day. My carb count is probably all over the place (school cafeteria doesnâ??t post nutritional info, so I have to guess) but Iâ??d estimate it to be in the 400 range?

I could be way off here. Also, I religiously eat a handful of almonds after every workout. In terms of other supplements, I take Super Critical Omega (vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=RW-1059) every day, and I take 200mg of caffeine before a workout. Iâ??ve never take any sort of creatine, but Iâ??m open to the idea.

For the last 8 weeks, Iâ??ve been using Chad Waterburyâ??s Total Body Training program ( http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_waterbury_method ), with great results. Iâ??ve gotten significantly more muscular, more defined, and definitely stronger on just about every lift.

Unfortunately, we all know that if youâ??re on one program too long, the gains slow down.
For what itâ??s worth, I can squat 375, deadlift 405, and bench 255 (injured shoulder kept me from benching for a long time, but Iâ??ve started again).

So Iâ??m hoping you guys can recommend a new program. I could afford (time-wise) to train up to 6x a week, but only once a day. Iâ??m fairly experienced in the gym, Iâ??ve tried all sorts of stuff, from bodybuilding to powerlifting to strongman to athletic training.

I tend to like just general strength training (reps in the 6-8 range) the best, but again, Iâ??m open to suggestions, since you guys probably know more than me anyway. I like the idea of total-body training, and Iâ??ve done push/pull splits before, which I like. Iâ??m really just hoping you guys can recommend a new program to me to help keep things fresh.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Here is a link to a database of programs from this site

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/the_big_program_compilation

fst-7

Yeah I've seen that thread, I just don't know which one would be the best for my goals?

A lot of it depends on what you personally respond the best to when training. If you have no idea then I would definitely stick with a basic program. In addition, you could try something completely different from what you were doing prior to the switch just to see how your body responds.

I definitely like to stay in rep ranges <10, and I definitely prefer compound movements over isolation work.
Anybody know of a program I should try?

One that has you training in a myriad of rep ranges and doing both compound movements as well as isolation movements...

How were your results on this?