Need Help Developing Upper Chest

Hey guys,

I’ve been training for a few years now, 160 lbs, 5’8’’

I don’t know if it is just me but my upper chest development I think is lagging. Chest day I am doing:
Flat DB Press
Incline DP Flyes
Pec Dec
Incline pushups (feet on stability ball)

Any recommendations for me? Thanks

PS 1st post…

side

best way to develop mass at any specific location is to simply put on mass overall

Flyes suck unless you’re doing them on cables

start eating

What the fuck are you talking about?

Prioritize the upper chest by doing incline work first. Try BB presses and follow with DB flies, or try supersetting the two. Narrow grip push-ups with a hard squeeze work, but you may need to shift your angle to maximize the load on the upper chest. I have found doing cleans during the week helps my chest workouts.

Incline DB presses. First exercise if your concern is “upper chest” . Incline DB… heavy for high reps.

[quote]Petrichor wrote:
best way to develop mass at any specific location is to simply put on mass overall

Flyes suck unless you’re doing them on cables

start eating[/quote]

And this is solid advice.

[quote]xballer wrote:
I’ve been training for a few years now
[/quote]

You don’t look like you’re lacking, you look like you were slacking.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try the bb incline followed by flyes. I am eating now as much as I can. What would you suggest be a goal for gaining? 1.5lb every 2 weeks? 2lb? Thanks guys.

eat more, stuff yourself. Eventuall you will get used to it & your body will start to demand more food. I get hungry every hour without aas and i eat like a mother

Looks like your shoulders are a little internally rotated - work on your back more, esp scapular retractors and depressors. That’ll pull your chest up, helping to give you a “shelf”.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
Looks like your shoulders are a little internally rotated - work on your back more, esp scapular retractors and depressors. That’ll pull your chest up, helping to give you a “shelf”. [/quote]

Any suggested exercises for that? I’ll google it myself but just wondering. Body is getting used to more food now, trying to keep it as clean as possible.

[quote]xballer wrote:
HoratioSandoval wrote:
Looks like your shoulders are a little internally rotated - work on your back more, esp scapular retractors and depressors. That’ll pull your chest up, helping to give you a “shelf”.

Any suggested exercises for that? I’ll google it myself but just wondering. Body is getting used to more food now, trying to keep it as clean as possible. [/quote]

Do Face Pulls and Rows.

I googled and found this article, has lots of good exercises it seems, what do you guys think?

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459846

I think part of your problem is your posture. If your shoulders were back like they were supposed to be it would lift your upper chest and give the illusion of more size.

incline presses
decline presses

Do a lot of these

And the pec deck / flyes are great to supersaturate the pectorals with blood. That’s exactly what you want to do for your last exercise: get blood to the injured muscle fibers. Then, consume your post workout beverage. This will help facilitate recovery and growth all the more.

One thing that I’ve found that may be worth mentioning on the incline presses. I get more chest action when I set the bench up to 30 degrees. I get more shoulder action at 45 degrees or more.