Need Help Developing a Fitness Plan

Some background: I’m a very physically active person. I like to run, excercise, and do PT with the ROTC at my school.

My ROTC instructors plan on sending me to a Leadership Academy this summer (yeah I know, thats 8 months away) but I want to arrive there in top physical shape.

For those of you who don’t know, ROTC loves flutterkicks, pushups, running, and the magic chair (if you dont know, please dont ask ;[)

So I am attempting to develop a routine that involves normal; diamond; and field-goal pushups, flutterkicks, leg levers, jump rope, pullups, 8-count body builders, mountain climbers, squats, a variety of situps, and of course, numerous stretches before i do them.

From what I understand, this is a weightlifting website, but I don’t know any other website as active as this one to turn to for advice.

ANY feedback, such as excercise suggestions, critique, or negative feedback like “that’s too much on one muscle group” will be appreciated.

Honestly man, to arrive in good shape to do a bunch of those exercises, you gotta just do a lot of them. I suppose it’d be appropriate to organize them in some fashion, and so long as you keep with it and keep progressing by adding more reps, you’re in the groove. Off the top of my head,

Monday,
Pushups 3x20
Pullups 3x?
Flutterkicks 3x 1imute
Run three miles

Wednesday
DIfferent kind of pushups 3x20
pullups, 3x ??
situps 3x20
Run three miles

Friday,
Pushups of some other kind 3x20
Pullups 3x??
planks 3x 1 minute
Run three miles

T/TH do 200 hundu squats (bodyweight squats) and run three miles.

And then each week slowly add more reps, sets, or weight. Or decrease the amount of time you rest between exercises.

You should probably do these exercises in a circuit fashion, as in a set of pushups, rest, a set of pullups, rest, a set of ab exercise, rest, another set of pullups, until you do all three circuits, and then go run.

The pullups and pushups balance each other out, and so long as you include plenty of daily running and situps you should do well in developing the strength and speed they measure.

A better example would be to ask your ROTC instructors how you should prepare. They’ve prepared many a soldier before you, and probably know how best to get you ready for it.

Good luck.