T Nation

Need Help Cutting

I am 6’2 210 pounds, unsure about body fat percentage. I play hockey 3 times a week and am a university athlete, my cardio is good, my strength is working its way to being perfectly where i want it. The only problem i have is where i store my fat, my stomach and chest areas make taking off my shirt a problem. i have never been fat, more so just out of shape, but regardless the training i do i cant seem to shed the stomach weight.

My diet can be tweaked but i have never been very good at structuring it. Below is a general breakdown of my diet and of my training. Can anyone help me tweak or suggest anything to help me lose this unwanted gut.

Mon-Fri
work 7-4( construction)
25 min punching bag workout
25 min swimming laps
every other day strength training weights

diet
breakfast 6:45 a.m
shake ( oatmeal, whey protein, vegegreens, frozen fruit, and water)

snack 10 a.m
banana, apple, granola bar

Lunch 12:00
2 small sandwich( turkey, cheese, pickle, mustard, white bread)

Snack 2:00 p.m
peach, cucumber, 1% cottage cheese

Dinner 5:00 P.M
Fish, potato, corn, broccoli

or

chicken, corn, potatoes

I try not to snack after dinner but sometimes i will have a few chips, or peanuts after this time

I am up for any suggestions, anything that will help i am willing to listen to.

**I have tryed clen but stopped taking it after a week because of the over sweating

I’m not expert, but as far as suggestions I’d say make your “snacks” protein based instead of the fruit based route you’re taking now. Also, you may want to try to sub out your starchy carbs (bread and potatos) for grain/rice based options. It may not be the most convenient as I know I fall back on sandwiches when necessary, but at least give it a try.

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:
Also, you may want to try to sub out your starchy carbs (bread and potatos) for grain/rice based options.[/quote]

How does exchanging starchy carbs for other starchy carbs help anything? Do you realize that grains and rice are starchy carbs?

First off, start with doing the things you know you should be doing. Most people in your position know that they should be doing things differently, but they’re looking for the magic bullet that will sudden transform them to “ripped.” Cutting the junk food after dinner is a perfect example of this.

It’s tough to make too many dietary recommendations without looking at the big picture, which is you calorie, carb, protein, and fat intake. Take the time to calculate these and people will be able to help you more.

With that said, the one obvious thing you should be doing is eating a good protein source with each meal. So, ditch the granola bar at 10am and add a high protein food.

Outside of that, you may want to reduce your carb intake, and possibly increase protein and fat since it doesn’t look like you’re getting much of either of these.

Oh, and using clen without having a clue on your diet is pretty damn stupid.

I do not see enough protein in your diet. Someone your size should be shooting for 210-255g of protein. Based on what you have given us It looks like you eating <150g of protein. Your carbs are likely to high as well.

Snacks are good so long as its high protein. Frequecy is good.

Please read more about diet, use the search function.

A young guy doing a construction job + working out + college level sport should be friggin ripped to shreds.

I would seriously consider getting stuff like your thyroid checked out. That or you failed to mention you get shitfaced on beers at the weekend.

Saying that just taking some HOT-ROX might do the trick

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
A young guy doing a construction job + working out + college level sport should be friggin ripped to shreds.

I would seriously consider getting stuff like your thyroid checked out. That or you failed to mention you get shitfaced on beers at the weekend.

Saying that just taking some HOT-ROX might do the trick[/quote]

How much does HOT-ROX really DO for you …I always put thermogenics and carnitine stuff into the %90 faith %10 coincidence pile…

[quote]Volgarixon wrote:

[quote]Cprimero wrote:

Saying that just taking some HOT-ROX might do the trick[/quote]

How much does HOT-ROX really DO for you …I always put thermogenics and carnitine stuff into the %90 faith %10 coincidence pile…
[/quote]

It works( as long as you’re training hard)