Need Help Bulking and Overcoming Platau

[quote]SweatandBlood wrote:
What I ate today (school day) so snacking isnt something I can do :/.
Breakfast: a pretty big bowl of gronola ceral and apple
snack: an apple
lunch: 2 pieces of vegatable pizza, bottle of water, cinnamon bun
dinner: 2 itallian sausages, 2 bottles of water, bannana and peanut-butter
snack: 3 packets of oatmeal with milk
[/quote]

oh kiddo, try something like this instead

Breakfast: 4 scrambled eggs, 1 cup oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder and peanut butter
snack: I tub of cottage cheese and fruit and nuts
Lunch: 2 tuna sandwiches and nuts
dinner: steak/pork/chicken/fish, vegetables, rice
snack: hardboiled eggs/cottage cheese/protein shake blended with oats, milk, fruit, and peanut butter.

your current diet is not conducive to growing.

[/quote]

There might be 100 grams of protein in here if you’re lucky.

You need MUCH more food than this. If I listed how/what I ate in high school, you’d be disgusted lol.

You say you can’t snack? Are you in class every hour of the day? You could bring a few protein shakes or weight gainers to school with you.

[/quote]

There’s the reason for your plateau.

What you are describing is two meals. Double it and you will smash your plateau.

Cheers

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[/quote]

You need MUCH more food than this. If I listed how/what I ate in high school, you’d be disgusted lol.

You say you can’t snack? Are you in class every hour of the day? You could bring a few protein shakes or weight gainers to school with you. [/quote]

I’m at school for 7 hours a day monday-friday, and we only have one hour off total for inbetween classes and lunch but I suppose I could bring a big protein shake in a thermos. Im going to go to the store and get what the fellow above you posted and start eating alot of that Im really willing to do anything that will help me put on weight.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[/quote]

Do it. I’m interested.

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[/quote]

You say you can’t snack? Are you in class every hour of the day? You could bring a few protein shakes or weight gainers to school with you. [/quote]

I’m at school for 7 hours a day monday-friday, and we only have one hour off total for inbetween classes and lunch but I suppose I could bring a big protein shake in a thermos. Im going to go to the store and get what the fellow above you posted and start eating alot of that Im really willing to do anything that will help me put on weight.[/quote]

Thats a good approach.

The simplest solution for the protein shake is probably to take the dry bottle (or whatever youre using; and you may as well get a shaker cup if youre going to have shakes) and put the powder in the DRY cup. Then when you get to school fill it up with some water and drink it when youre ready. You can let the shake sit around for a few hours.

I mix a shake of8oz of milk, 2 eggs, 30g protein powder, 30g carbohydrate powder, and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil around 7am, bring it to school and drink it around 11am. It’s fine.

I am not suggesting you do this, just showing you how you can mix a shake and carry it around for a bit. The LARGE MAJORITY OF YOUR CALORIES SHOULD COME FROM FOOD.

Eat a big breakfast. And big dinner. Eat what you can at school, hopefully you bring your own food. And have a protein shake if you want. Bring a bag of mixed nuts to school and eat that, along with some dried fruit like raisins, cranberries and apricots (In addition to your lunch)

By big breakfast I mean a few eggs a bowl oatmeal or cereal and some fruit and a glass of milk.

Big dinner: large portion of meat. large portion of rice, potatoes, pasta. Large portion of vegetables.

When it comes to figuring out how much to eat, youre going to have to do some work. You can try to guess but youll probably just be wasting time.

Youre young and have time to figure this stuff out. Dont go crazy over this stuff but be aware of it.

Kid doesn’t even eat any real meat at all and expects to be big? Must be a troll, no one is that dumb.

When I went from 130 to 180 in high school, I also worked 32+ hrs a week at Kroger, basically a shit load of cardio the whole time I was there. The one thing that helped my pack on weight was:

*I brought 3 eggs sandwiches to school everyday in a cooler, with each sandwich having 3 scrambled eggs on them
*Bought a can of almonds or peanuts, ate half of one everyday (think it came out to about 1.5 cups a day)
*ALWAYS stopped at a store in the morning to buy 2 of those quarts of chocolate milk
*Skipped school a lot and got two McDoubles about 3 times a week. lol

There’s always ways to get in calories, you just have to realize, if you’re busy a lot and burning through a lot of calories, you’re going to have to eat a bit dirty… Not saying what I did was the smartest, just saying, at that time, I had little money, it was the only way for me to even put on a little weight…

Ohh, and if you do something like this, be prepared to shit a lot

[quote]josh86 wrote:
Kid doesn’t even eat any real meat at all and expects to be big? Must be a troll, no one is that dumb.[/quote]

it has nothing with being “dumb” or “intelligent”.

This thread should actually be in the beginner section.

Walk around any high school today and ask random kids questions on nutrition. Not the pyramid, but actual nutrition. Let me know how that turns out for you.

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]josh86 wrote:
Kid doesn’t even eat any real meat at all and expects to be big? Must be a troll, no one is that dumb.[/quote]

Walk around any high school today and ask random kids questions on nutrition. Not the pyramid, but actual nutrition. Let me know how that turns out for you.
[/quote]

I know, I was exaggerating. I just don’t get it, no one has any common sense. Also how do people somehow confuse this tiny portions of cereal and apples as “eating a lot”?

[quote]josh86 wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]josh86 wrote:

[/quote]

I know, I was exaggerating. I just don’t get it, no one has any common sense. Also how do people somehow confuse this tiny portions of cereal and apples as “eating a lot”?
[/quote]

Common sense is not that common.

[quote]josh86 wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:

[quote]josh86 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

difference in perspective

[quote]165StateChamp wrote:

[quote]ebomb5522 wrote:

[/quote]

Do it. I’m interested. [/quote]

He kept live chickens in his locker, ate them whole - no time to pluck them inbetween class!

[quote]gregron wrote:
These numbers just don’t add up.[/quote]

If numbers are correct I am impressed.

I think WSFSB is a very good program for athletes and also for max strength. For someone the OPs age it would no doubt do him some good especially if he has athletic goals.

But, it is not the best program in terms of bodybuilding, its simply not what it was designed for.

Eat more but keep it simple, Can’t expect your parents to suddenly double the amount of food they purchase each week. Few easy options would be, good quality peanut butter, lots of milk, cheap whey powder. Its fucking retarded to expect someone to suddenly change their whole diet overnight. So eat what you eat already but just add a few simple things. Keep it simple and as you progress and learn more you can improve your diet.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

The LARGE MAJORITY OF YOUR CALORIES SHOULD COME FROM FOOD.

Youre young and have time to figure this stuff out. Dont go crazy over this stuff but be aware of it. [/quote]

BONEZ gave a great response, but pay attention to these points in particular. Getting big/strong/lean is a learning experience. Prepare to make mistakes and learn from them.

I agree that your diet is very light in protein. I’d say to try and get in at least 25g or so with each meal.

I understand what you mean about eating during the school day. Do what you can at lunch (shoot for some kind of protein source). Protein shakes are ok between meals. I recommend staying away from “MASS XPLOSION XXXTREME 9999” (any ridiculous weight gainers) and just getting a solid whey protein that you can have a couple of servings of during the school day. You can throw in some fats/carbs of the kinds that BONEZ mentioned, but if you can’t afford or locate that stuff for whatever reason, some plain old oats and natty peanut butter work too.

No excuses for breakfast and dinner though- get some meat and eggs in there. At school, try to pick something. As far as gaining muscle is concerned, IMHO solid food protein is WAY better than shakes. You’ve gotten plenty of good suggestions for these meals, so I won’t beat a dead horse.

And based on how little you’re eating plus your weight and how you look in your avi, your gym numbers do seem a bit inflated. I know how high school football can be as far as the pressure to move the most weight possible, but don’t let your form suffer due to half reps, really generous spotting, etc. Your buddies shouldn’t be touching the bar while you work, and you should be using a full range of motion on reps.

You’ll be way happier with your performance on the field, your size/REAL strength, and the fact that you don’t have to re-learn all of your exercises in your 20’s. I wish someone had told me that when I was in high school, because I’d be way better now if I’d done those things.

You seem to actually care though, so good luck man.

I remember the days of bringing a gallon zip lock bag filled with PB sammiches to school and scarfing one down between each class haha, was gross.

Gaining weight when you’re in your teens is weird. It always seemed like I would eat everything I could and I’d barely gain any weight at times. I would have to literally feel sick to my stomach at times to achieve any noticeable weight gain over time.

Now, I just eat when I’m hungry and I’m over 300 now. Lol wut, the body is weird.

PB SANDWICHES OP, MAKE SOME!

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I remember the days of bringing a gallon zip lock bag filled with PB sammiches to school and scarfing one down between each class haha, was gross.

Gaining weight when you’re in your teens is weird. It always seemed like I would eat everything I could and I’d barely gain any weight at times. I would have to literally feel sick to my stomach at times to achieve any noticeable weight gain over time.

Now, I just eat when I’m hungry and I’m over 300 now. Lol wut, the body is weird.

PB SANDWICHES OP, MAKE SOME![/quote]

Yep, peanut butter sandwiches were the best. Forget jelly, unnecessary and made them harder to eat.

String cheese and almonds were great too. And the milks you can buy for a quarter at lunch. I’d get a dollar’s worth at a minimum. You need to constantly be eating, especially since you’re skinny.

Holy volume, batman