T Nation

Need Guidance on my Routine

Been working out now for about 5 months hard. Gained about an inch on my arms and 2 on my chest. I have until early July when I finish school and basically get to show of my hard work at the gym in the summer months. So I have another 4 months roughly to make some serious gains.

I’m getting about 7-8 hours sleep when I can, and about 160-170g of protein a day (with the help of a shake most days). Just as an example of what I had to eat today:

Breakfast: Porridge, readybrek (basically just oats), then a protein bar shortly after.
About an an hour and a half later I had a packet of nuts, and 2 slices of bread.

Lunch: Lasagne, potato and vegetables. Protein shake (3 scopes - about 50g of protein) after (can’t really control what I have here, as it’s a school meal).

Tea: Ham sandwich and a small packet of peanuts.

Dinner: Salmon, potatoes and vegetables.

Snack later on: some cheese and bread perhaps.

As for my routine, it’s pretty brief currently due to limited time. at the moment I don’t do legs, but WILL do legs as soon as I am at uni come September.

Day 1 (arms):

Biceps: 4 sets of BB curls, 4 sets of Incline DB curls
Triceps: 3 sets of DB tricep extensions, 3 sets of CGBP, 3 sets of weighted bench dips + 3 sets of kickbacks if I have the energy, or feel I have not done enough.

Day 2 (chest and rear shoulders):

4 sets of flat DB bench, 4 sets of incline DB bench, 3 sets of flat DB flyes

Shoulders: 4 sets of DB rear delt rows

I don’t do arnold presses and shoulder presses because I don’t like the pressure it places on my shoulder joints (sorry, it’s probably just me).

So basically with that programme in mind, what would you suggest to add in my third session when the summer holidays kick in and I have mopre time? Other than legs, as I can only really start doing them at Uni at a good gym (there is no gym near us, and I have no money currently). The only money I do have I am going to spend getting my protein and creatine (to start soon).

Goals by the end of the summer are to add an inch on to my chest (to get it up to 41), and an inch to my arms (get them up to 15 inches cold). Deadlifts I tend to stick away from also as I just don’t really like them, even with good form I feel unsafe doing them. So, any suggestions with regards to diet or routine wold be great. I am currently about 170lbs and looking to eventually reach 190 with a low body fat. Currently it’s about 12-15%.

So…You don’t do legs, deadlifts or shoulders. I think you’re going to have to change that to make significant gains. You can stick to curls and bench press and look like every other half-assed no-xplode drinking chump or you can step out of your comfort zone and build a respectable physique.

Squats and deads are crucial. Your back and shoulders are what make your upper body stand out. I don’t mean to be harsh but you need to look at your goals and decide if you are willing to do what it will take to get there. If you need any advice or have any questions I will be more than happy to help you wherever I can.

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
So…You don’t do legs, deadlifts or shoulders. I think you’re going to have to change that to make significant gains. You can stick to curls and bench press and look like every other half-assed no-xplode drinking chump or you can step out of your comfort zone and build a respectable physique.

Squats and deads are crucial. Your back and shoulders are what make your upper body stand out. I don’t mean to be harsh but you need to look at your goals and decide if you are willing to do what it will take to get there.

If you need any advice or have any questions I will be more than happy to help you wherever I can. [/quote]

I explained in my first post how i will build legs come September when I have acess to a gym (for free at Uni), but for now I will have to make do. Deadlifts I won’t do however, as I don’t see the point when you can work your legs from squats, and back from bent over rows.

I will do both of these when I am Uni. with regards to protien intake, as I am only on 2 sessions a week currently what do I need roughly?

I see your point on the the working legs with squats…but the main problem is…

…YOU DON’T!!!

At least 1 gram per lb. of bodyweight is a good parameter. If you are trying to pack on muscle eat carbs too!! I see that your are getting some with your current diet but I can’t stress it enough. I would read Thibs’ article on carb cycling.

What are your stats?

Op is an idiot. Let this thread die.

x2

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Op is an idiot. Let this thread die.[/quote]