Need for a Sportbike Movie

I think the biggest problem your going to have is believable stunts that will be exciting enough.

probably one of the better motorcycle scenes in a movie. I think the issue comes with what are they going to do. The original fast and the furious they were robbing truckers through the sun roof of a car, I dont picture someone pulling that off on a bike.

Could a story line be written ? of course, I think it would just be harder. and having two guys fight back on forth on bikes would be a lot harder then in a car… just my thoughts though, i am sure if you wanted to you could come up with something.

Yeah I don’t think you need fighting bike to bike shit, that’s not “believable” anyway. It’s like a movie like this could be done in a variety of ways, not strictly a “Fast and Furious: Bikers” type of thing. I think more like “Gone in 60 Seconds” style, stealing rare bikes, or maybe running drugs across the world, shit who knows. The possibilities are endless. Maybe THAT’S why it hasn’t been done…yeah, right!

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
Yeah I don’t think you need fighting bike to bike shit, that’s not “believable” anyway. It’s like a movie like this could be done in a variety of ways, not strictly a “Fast and Furious: Bikers” type of thing. I think more like “Gone in 60 Seconds” style, stealing rare bikes, or maybe running drugs across the world, shit who knows. The possibilities are endless. Maybe THAT’S why it hasn’t been done…yeah, right![/quote]

For the record, Gone in 60 seconds was a better movie than Fast and Furious. MAYBE this next one will match it or beat it, but only if they quit focusing on fucking RICERS and look at real cars.

Don’t forget to add Biker Cops in the movie!!

[quote]duddy wrote:
PX, what do you ride?[/quote]

2006 Honda CBR 1000 that still shines like when I first bought it (thanks to storing it in a garage from day one and taking care of my shit). I do believe it is still one of the fastest on the road.

A pic is in my “hub”.

Future bike chase from the past (or something like that…):

Hell, I could watch 2 hours of shit like this:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Hell, I could watch 2 hours of shit like this:

Meh.

Thats what I’m talking about.

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
Thats what I’m talking about.[/quote]

Cool.

Not much of a story line, though, eh?

You guys seen this dude?

He could play the main role

Oh fuck. Speaking of motorcycles…

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2010/12/20/20101220paris-hilton-launches-new-motorcycle-racing-team.html

Dunno about that, you could have a tail-cam and have a fake chase set up then you could hear commentry of riding that fast on the road, and a story about why he’s being chased. That’d be a perfect opener for a film. Just need some imagination, there.

[quote]Ben_VFR85 wrote:
Dunno about that, you could have a tail-cam and have a fake chase set up then you could hear commentry of riding that fast on the road, and a story about why he’s being chased. That’d be a perfect opener for a film. Just need some imagination, there.[/quote]
That’s good. His last line before the titel shows up on screen could be “No matter how hard they try, they’ll never catch me”…“MOST AWESOMEST MOVIE EVER”

Mad Max set the bar pretty high for me. After that movie came out and I got a bike big enough to do donuts I went through a tire a season lol, I left them all over town.

Isn’t Mad Max getting redux? Thought I read that somewhere.

If they can get a A-list actor to play the lead role maybe it get’s done. Old badass teaches new badass type of script.

NO NICK CAGE!!!

I’m tellling you the original Tron the light cycles where featured heavily and it was before people really started having sports bikes. In fact seeing that film made me want to get a fast bike

The new Tron has a great light cycle scene. It is way better than the first. the movie may be lacking on substance, but visually, nothing beats it.

I will eventually get the Blue Ray just so I can play it on MUTE.

I think a Sportbike movie would be super-niche and almost immediately go to DVD. Unless its crafted so that there is an engaging story line. Put in a star or two (no Tom Cruise) and some babes and you’ll make a profit.

I wouldn’t even be mad if it went to straight DVD, as long as I think it kicks ass!

Just jumping in to say the new Tron had a great regular bike chase scene as well. The Ducati Sport 1000 vs. BMW RTP was up my alley and pretty much what I want out of bike scenes. Cool, pretty interesting bikes being ridden fast but not beyond the laws of physics.

The 70’s racer Ducati (750 Imola?) was also a nice touch.