T Nation

Need Food Suggestions

Breakfast, lunch and dinner I got under wraps, my problem is snacking in between these meals(eating 6 meals a day, so basically the 3 meals missing)

For these meals I tend to stick with one thing: 200g of tuna and 1 hard-boiled egg. Mainly cause of the nutritional value behind it: 274 calories, 0.6g of carbs, 5.3g of fat and a whooping 53.3g of protein.

However, i’ve run into a small problem. I get sick of eating this twice a day, every single day. I need something different, something to not make every meal be so bloody boring :expressionless:

Suggestions? I’m starting to go crazy :expressionless:

There are tons of different things you can eat.
eggs, chicken, salad, almonds/nuts, oatmeal, smoothies, the list goes on…

‘Your Favorit Protein Shake’ thread, courtesy of the Supps and Nutrition forum.
http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=2314041

So… you saying that as a snack just hit protein shakes as opposed to stupid amounts of Tuna?

Its just that my current choice has what I need, stacks of protein, very little carbs… even just the protein powder I take(ON 100%) has about 4g of carbs per serving. If I add anything else, the carbs would just add up :expressionless:

veggies like spinach are good to add to some protien snacks as well.

almonds are great for a later in the day snack.

cheese sticks

cottage cheese

beef jerky

turkey peperoni is great; toss it in the microwave for a few seconds and they get crisp; like chips.

jsut go the the market and take your time browsing the foods.

fruits: apples, bananas etc…

enjoy

In the morning, I’ll make a big veggie/cheese/ turkey ham omelette for breakfast. I can’t eat it all and I’ll take half of it to work and eat mid-morning. Practically 0 carbs, not a lot of calories though. These are getting old though and I find myself struggling to put them down.

Cheese is great.

Next time you go to the store, look for mission carb conscious wrap’s or tumaro’s multigrain. The tumaro’s has about 13 g of carbs w/ 8 g of fiber. I usually put a 1 tbsp of pb on half and fold it over and eat it with a protein shake.

low carb?

beef jerky
beef sticks
cheese (sticks)
pork rinds
all kinds of nuts
fresh veggies (i dip fresh broccoli into ranch. low carb, the only prob is it’s not clean and uses shitty soybean oil, but fuck it)

[quote]Frenchie wrote:
So… you saying that as a snack just hit protein shakes as opposed to stupid amounts of Tuna?

Its just that my current choice has what I need, stacks of protein, very little carbs… even just the protein powder I take(ON 100%) has about 4g of carbs per serving. If I add anything else, the carbs would just add up :|[/quote]

Biotest Grow! has 2g carbs per 22g protein.

Or I guess ON will work. 4g of carbs really isn’t that much. Make a protein shake, and have some flax meal as a chaser. It works for the guys in the velocity diet forum. Or add some peanuts.