Need Diet Help

Alright I have been doing some research and have been collection as much info. as possible so that I could bring it back and I could ask you guy’s about it. Here is one diet I was told I should use http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle...icle=body_69eat

Here is another

I am really getting anxious to start but I can’t get a striaght answer any where I go on a good diet nevermind a good workout plan for my goal’s. I don’t know if you guy’s have seen my other post but I am 17, 6’5 and 320 pound’s and looking to get in shape (lose weight).

In a lot of things I have been reading it has been saying like 6 meal’s a day, I wake up in the morning, take a shower and JUST MAKE it to school in time, ussually not even eatting breakfast. Since I just live with my dad (neither of us know how to cook very well) I ussually just take $5 to school and get something like a slice of pizza or two.

After school I come home and this is when I am planning to go and do my workout, my buddy and I have a small gym nearby and are getting memberships as soon as I have a down pat diet and workout plan (I don’t want to start working out again with no plan and just lose motivation because I have no idea what I am doing like every other time I have tried.).

After the workout I figure I am going to make my dinner, my dad said he’s down with picking up a bunch of meat and whatever I need because he really want’s me to succeed also (doing my P.A.R.E test in about 3-4 month’s for my application to a police force.).

I know the is a lot of knowledge on here and I would really love for some help and believe me it would be VERY appreciatted. Thank you in advance.

One more thing, through all of the searching and such that I have been doing I have been learning some things but also getting more confussed, is there any way of getting a diet and workout that is simple to understand (not asking for the diet or workout to be easy, I know it is going to be challenging), like something that is just straight up?

I am hoping that someone can take the time and really help me make something that will work for me?

All right man here’s one word…discipline. I don’t mean to patronize you, but that word is the key to diet and exercise. You HAVE to eat a good breakfast. My solution to your problem of taking a shower and JUST making it to school is…get up earlier and take a shower before bed.

You should try to eat 4-6 meals/day. You should eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Stay away from bread/pasta and eat a lot of lean meat. Also eat a bunch of egg whites and few yolks. Buy some fish oil and take a capsule with each meal.

Also forget trying to get the perfect diet and exercise plan before you get your gym membership, because you’ll never have a perfect diet and exercise program. Pick one of workouts on here written by one of the T-Nation authors and stick to it for at least 8 wks.

Because you are a beginner, pretty much anything will improve your health and physical conditioning. Good luck and remember, it takes discipline to eat right and train consistently hard.

Don’t jump right into something advanced. Start simple and work your way up.

Here’s your new diet.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

Don’t have time to eat? Mix some protein powder with Greens+ and you’ve easily covered bases 1,2, and 3.

It may be worthwhile to look into Precision Nutrition because it provides everything that a beginner needs when it comes to nutrition.

[quote]danew wrote:

Also forget trying to get the perfect diet and exercise plan before you get your gym membership, because you’ll never have a perfect diet and exercise program. Pick one of workouts on here written by one of the T-Nation authors and stick to it for at least 8 wks.

[/quote]

This is on point! Don’t wait until you have the perfect plans…get out there and just start doing it…anything is better than nothing. I hate to say it, but its not the plan that will give you the body you want (though a great one is helpful) it takes hard work and discipline. You want to be bigger than you have to get started today, right now. Eat more and lift more = success!

Answer: Precision Nutrition.
It’s concise, it tell’s you what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat it, but most importantly, (for me anyway) was the system for planning and preparing your food ahead of time.

I’m a college student, I have a job, and I know what it’s like to have time-management problems. Actually seeing someone, in thirty minutes, make all of their food for the day like you do on the dvds caused a lightbulb to go off in my head, as I struggled with the same problems you’re having. If you can’t afford it, good luck, because I couldn’t put it all together until I got PN.

The diet:

1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.

2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal.

3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.

4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).

6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.

7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).

Seems very good and practical but I am wondering about the oil’s and such? Honestly with class and all I can’t eat that many time’s a day? I can eat in the morning (I will wake up earlier), I can eat lunch (I will start to make one), I can eat after school (before my workout) and I can eat when ever after that. Do you know of any site’s or link’s with a bunch of recipes and such? I LOVE MEAT! I love steak, burgers, ribs, chicken wing’s and pretty much ANY MEAT! Now that I am going to follow that diet I am looking for a decent workout plan, I know that if I am a beginner anything with work but I am hoping to get something to optimize every minute I am in the gym. I can workout about 3-4 time’s a week. Honestly I feel pretty good because with those 7 steps it seems to be a decent step toward getting fit but still a lot of confusion with the oils and acids and such. Can someone please take the time to clarify everthing like that for me, I know you guy’s have probably heard plea’s for help like this a million time’s but please make me the million and 1 time.

Regarding the PN Program, I can’t afford that and I think for right now I can do great with all of the help that I have been getting here, thank you.

Carl, you’re doing a good job of reading and starting to put the basic framework of your plan together.

As far as your meal times go, if you could do something like this, you’d be fine:

07:30 Meal
11:30 Meal
02:30 Meal
04:30-05:30 Workout 3 or 4 days a week
06:00 PWO Meal w/ starchy carbs
09:00 Meal

When I say workout, I mean resistance/strength training. Just pick a program here on the site. For cardio do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on your non-resistance training days, no more than 2 or 3 days a week. Do a search on HIIT here on the site and let me know if you have any questions.

Make sure you weigh yourself once a week, each and every week. If you get it right, you’ll make slow and steady progress towards your goals. If you don’t, we’ll take it up a notch. Update your thread every week.

Make sure every protein source you eat in a day’s time is different – chicken, cottage cheese, fish of any description, eggs.

Have a fruit or veggie in every meal. Skip the store-made dressings and sauces. They’ll kill a diet. Watch the extras.

Make a pot of chili every week Lean meat, beans and whatever the recipe tells you.

It doesn’t matter whether you know how to cook or not. Try something new every week. Look up recipes on the Internet and try something interesting.

Skip the pizza rice, bread, sugar, potatoes, flour, pasta candy and drinks with sugar in them for the time being.

Don’t worry about the details and numbers too terribly much. If you clean up your act and implement most of the recommendations on your thread, you should make steady progress towards you goals.

Keep reading and raising your level of knowledge. It’s hard to make changes if you don’t know how and why they’re going to help you achieve your goals.

It looks like you’re off to a good start, Carl. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

[quote]carltmac wrote:

Regarding the PN Program, I can’t afford that and I think for right now I can do great with all of the help that I have been getting here, thank you.
[/quote]

If PN is too much, I would suggest Dr. JB’s Metabolism Advantage book. You can take it with you and read if your class lectures get too boring. It has great recipies, a workout plan, and will probably answer your questions regarding fats, etc.