Need Critique on my Routine

So I just wanted some opinions and advice on my training regime, to see what others think and what I can improve upon. I think my progress is not as optimal as it should be. Here’s my current training split:

Mon: Upper
Deadlifts, 4-6 sets, 1-5 reps
Bench, 4-6 sets, 1-7 reps
OH press, 5-6 sets, 1-7 reps
Barbell rows and/or t-bar rows, sets 4-6, reps 4-8
weighted dips, same rep/set scheme as previous exercise
weighted pull ups, same rep/set scheme
Tues: Lower
Back squats, 4-6 sets, reps 2-6
stiff legged deads, 4 sets, reps 3-6
walking DB lunges, sets 4, around 20ft length walking lunges, about 4-6 reps each leg
either jumping DB lunges, box jumps, or broad jumps to finish.
Wed: Mobility work, ab work, cardio (as in sprints, boxing, some box jumps.) maybe arms if i feel like it.
Thurs: repeat Mon
Fri: Repeat Tues
Sat: repeat Wed
Sunday: Rest

I train heavy, as I like to stay within 3-6 reps, pretty much every workout. This is what im doing and I’ve been doing it for about 3 months with little variation. I started deadlifting and squatting around May, I currently DL 285 max and squat 235 max (not very impressive numbers i know). Bench 185 on a good day and OH press 135-140.

Put into consideration that i lost a lot of weight from around late fall 2012 to early fall 2013. i went from around 210 to 156 at the lowest, then i decided I was getting too skinny to make any strength gains. I started working out in summer 2012, but i wasnt squatting or doing DLs, i was at planet fitness. Moved to a real gym in may 2012, got serious. started squatting, DLs, OH press and a free weight bench.

So I was still trying to lose weight up until 2 and a half months ago, and i have seen progress, just not as fast as I think i could be seeing it. I eat healthy, pretty much all natural, 3500 cals. I slowly increase my cals if i stall on weight gain. Get about 70-90 grams of fat, 400-500 grams of carbs, and 180-200 grams of protein. Sorry for the extra long topic, any advice would help. would like to see if it sound like a good split, and I’d rather not exercise any less than 6 days a week. i like to eat a lot, lol.

I also am incorporating deloads now about every 4-5 weeks, started around october. before that I never took breaks really. I also get some low back aches now and then, i think i got the donald duck syndrome, as my form on DLs and squats is pretty good. I tend to neglect my abdominals.

Again sorry for the long post

Looks to me like you’re trying to do a bit too much there, friend… It’s generally not a good idea to do floor deadlifts and barbell rows for multiple heavy sets, and then do squats and stiff legs the very next day. There are a lot of preset routines out there that have decent setups, why not use one of them? You like low reps, want to train frequently, and don’t want to work arms. You seem like a primo candidate for Chad Waterbury’s stuff.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
Looks to me like you’re trying to do a bit too much there, friend… It’s generally not a good idea to do floor deadlifts and barbell rows for multiple heavy sets, and then do squats and stiff legs the very next day. There are a lot of preset routines out there that have decent setups, why not use one of them? You like low reps, want to train frequently, and don’t want to work arms. You seem like a primo candidate for Chad Waterbury’s stuff.[/quote]

^This…more does not always = better. You should find a more simple routine.

What are your goals? Size? Strength? It looks like right now you are training for everything in which you will achieve nothing. Pick a goal and gear your program towards that goal. Since you said you weigh 156 im guessing its a mix of size and strength you want. In that case stop what you are doing right now and check out Jim Wendlers boring but big 531 routine.

Doesn’t seem to bad to me, but do not go more than 4 weeks without deload if you wish to make any sort of progress on this

also go into more detail on your work sets, do you go to failure on the last set?

It would probably be wiser to move deadlift from upper to lower day,

what about deads on sat., then squats on mon. and thurs.?