Need Advise - Wrestler

Hey everyone. I’m new to T-Nation and want a little advice. I’m an 18 year old soon to be college bound wrestler and I’ve been lifting for almost 4 years. I weigh about 222lbs. at ~20% bf and want to cut some weight so i can see my results.

BUT I don’t want to comprimise my power that Its taken so long to build up. My Goal weight is 197 (weight class). If anyones got any good experiences with any certain porograms i would love to hear them.

[quote]bealedozer wrote:
Hey everyone. I’m new to T-Nation and want a little advice. I’m an 18 year old soon to be college bound wrestler and I’ve been lifting for almost 4 years. I weigh about 222lbs. at ~20% bf and want to cut some weight so i can see my results.

BUT I don’t want to comprimise my power that Its taken so long to build up. My Goal weight is 197 (weight class). If anyones got any good experiences with any certain porograms i would love to hear them.[/quote]

First of all, tell us about your current diet and training, so then someone might be able to better assist you in making changes.

I’m guessing you’ve been using a good lifting plan in the past if you’re going to be competing at the college level. What have you been doing up until now?

You might want to check out this guy’s thread. He lost an incredible amount of weight while improving his physique.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=964560

well 220ish with 20% body fat. 44lbs of fat on you body. You can definatly cut some weight without losing the power. I would avoid running longdistances. Sprinting is a good weigh to cut up without losing to much. Or you could just clean up your eating and just be patient and let your body remove the fat itself.

Good luck and enjoy.
Respectfully,
Ant