T Nation

Need Advice

I'm 42 yo male. Recently ex with low ft after feeling sluggish for over a year and no anti depressant working (wasn't depressed so no wonder) my ft was 108. Tried androgel with no luck then went to 100mg a week ft shots and still ft was 180. Finally convinced doc to check estrogen after seeing it here. Estrogen was 111.

Now in need of an inhibitor but see many brands here. My doc said she didn't know and for me.to just tell her what I wanted. Plain. I take no meds and have good liver function. Lots of hair left but receding. Weight is 178. The more ft I take the higher my estrogen gets and ft goes no where.

Need advice.

You should try arimidex 1 mg per week in divided doses. Maybe your doctor could get a compounding pharmacy to make it a liquid form? Some buy liquid adex off the WWW. Read the protocol for injections sticky!

Good luck

You should try arimidex 1 mg per week in divided doses. Maybe your doctor could get a compounding pharmacy to make it a liquid form? Some buy liquid adex off the WWW. Read the protocol for injections sticky!

Good luck

Also. Read the advice for new guys sticky!!

Maybe this is a E2 problem and not a testosterone problem at all so no need to do shots!

Please list your labs

The horror stories you hear are because doctors are dumb and giving a guy the same dose they would give a girl… That’s why it’s 1 mg per week… Some are over responders and then cut the dose to 1/4 of that or switch to aromasin…

Free T is measured by total T and SHBG.

If your FT is low, your SHBG is most likely elevated.

SHBG is difficult to manipulate sometimes. Lowering estrogen may lower SHBG and free up more T.

There are several other factors to consider as well.

Inhibited thyroid function will elevate SHBG.

Insulin resistance will elevate SHBG.

Danazol has been shown to lower SHBG.

Google “Dr. Marianco SHBG”