T Nation

Need Advice with My Routine

I've been doing CW's Big Boy Basics for about 4 weeks. Now, I feel as though it's time to switch my program up.

Would CW's 'Perfect 10' Training for Chest/Back, and CT's 'Hungarian Oak Leg Blast' work well together? My goal is, obviously, hypertrophy.

I just am wary about overtaining. I am a freshman in college and eating mass amounts of eggs, peanut butter, milk, rice, and sandwiches (on wheat ;D ) , and the supplements I'm taking are Jack3d, Intrabolic, and Torrent.

Thanks for the input! I will be listening!

Hungarian Oak Leg Blast: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/hungarian_oak_leg_blast

Perfect 10 Training: http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/perfect_10_training

You shouldn't be switching programs every four weeks.

ha yeah, when i say the first sentence 'ive been doing this program for four weeks and i think its time to change' i was thinking hmmm wonder how much progress on routine you can make in four weeks... thats like when i would just be getting grooved into it.

Okay, thanks guys. I'll give it another 8 weeks or so before I change anything.

yeah another 4-8 weeks and if youre not progressing then, i would reasses. Make sure you pay attention to what works and doesnt on this program so that you can modify or chose a program more suited for you next time.

I wasted so much time (years in fact), switching things up.

Ever since I became acquainted with the heavy barbell movements a few years ago, I've never felt the need to switch things up. I am not saying my program now is identical to what I was doing several years ago, but the changes have come gradually (and usually deal with assistance work) and the core philosophy has remained the same; attempt to add weight to my squat, bench, deadlift, and OH press.

I still have light years to go to get where I need/want to be, but I know how to get there. And it involves working in the 3 to 5 reps range with heavy compound lifts as the foundation of my strength training.

Also, regarding your supplement choices, I have no idea what those are (too lazy to look them up), but a quality whey and maybe some creatine will be more than sufficient. If you truly have some money to spare, than pick a leucine, EAA, BCAA or MAG-10 type product as they all have similar benefits (key word, "OR", you don't need all of them).