T Nation

Need Advice T-men!

Alright everyone i’ve been dieting down for a few months now, almost 4 months. I have been able to make excellent progress and have 3 more weeks of dieting left. During these 3 weeks I hope to achieve a BF% at around 5% (i’m at about 7%). These last 3 weeks are the more hardcore weeks. So far i’m planning 2 weeks meltdown with 1 week 5x5. If necessary I will extend the meltdown to 3 weeks. Now when coming of my Diet I originally planned to do 4 weeks of rebound. During these 4 weeks I would slowly re-introduce carbs and a higher calorie intake. And after those 4 weeks I will go on a 12 week massing phase with the assistance of MAG 10, 2 doses per day (2 weeks on, 2 weeks off). My question to you guys is, would cutting the rebound weeks from 4 weeks to 3 weeks hinder my ability to retain a lean body without gaining fat once entering massing phase? The problem is I am trying to complete all of this before school starts. Currently, I have a great job that allows me to eat when I want and what I want at my desk. In January I’m going back to school and I’m not going to be able to eat all the time. So I want to complete my massing phase just as school is begining. I would probably be able to miss week 1 of school but anymore than that would be impossible. So what do you think T-men? I am planning on doing anywhere from 600mg-1200mg ALA per day during rebound weeks and will continue using that amount during my massing phase. Would you suggest I go for the 3 week rebound or the 4 week rebound? And if so what are your reasons? Also any suggestions on supplementation during the rebound to make it more effective would be appreciated! Thanks again T-men.

bump

Your overall plan sounds great. You’ve obviously put a lot of time and effort into this, and I think you’ll do well. As far as your question, I think it is generally best to allow for a long a “rebound period” as possible. For more insight, here’s a link to John Berardi’s advice about coming off a ketogenic diet:

www.testosterone.net/articles /150app.html

Omit the space between "articles" and "/150app"

Hope this helps.