Need Advice on my Routine

Hi everyone im new to this website and i felt it was best to come here for advice. im currently doing 5x5 and im on the 10week already and i have got great results out of this. i just mhad a question after i feel like i need to change my routine i want to workout for hypertrophy, int he past i used to do a one body part a day workout plan, but i need some advice from some pros here what would be the best hypertrophy set up for me and how do i train as far as always lifting more like in 5x5 where you add 5 pounds every time.i want the some awesome split routine plans i was planing to do anyone can advice me to

Look up 531 its a pretty much a all around program will allow you to continue to lift heavy but put a huge emphasis on hypertrophy if that is your goal.

As far as hypertrophy specific routines, you can look here too:

4 day: Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation
5 day: Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation
6 day: Do This Routine Instead of That Dumb One - Competitive Bodybuilding - Forums - T Nation

so 5x5 isnt that good stronglifts 5x5?

i wanna a split routine thats uses mainly compound works outs, if not all and only free weights and i want to know how many sets and reps and do i increase weight every week

[quote]sunsetreaper wrote:
i wanna a split routine thats uses mainly compound works outs, if not all and only free weights and i want to know how many sets and reps and do i increase weight every week[/quote]

Look at the links I posted.

Those routines use a mix of compound movements and isolations. They are all mostly free-weight based. The sets and reps are listed. And you increase weight whenever you can, as long as you can get the minimum in the rep range listed.

For instance:
Incline Dumbbell Press - 4x 6-10

Do 4 sets of that with a weight you can do for 6 reps. Work up to being able to do 10 reps per set. When you hit 4 sets of 10 reps, increase the weight to something you can do for 6 reps. Etc.

awesome advice, so does this rule apply for any program? i have a power rack and a all freewerights and a pull up bar, i just wnana work with that, what if i did a routine where i did monday chest,back tuesday,wednesday legs,thrusday shoulders,friday biceps triceps, and use the principal you showed me, 4 sets 6-12 reos, and also how many excercises do i do for each body part on that given day? if i were to choose that plan? thanks lorez for your advice btw

awesome advice, so does this rule apply for any program? i have a power rack and a all freewerights and a pull up bar, i just wnana work with that, what if i did a routine where i did monday chest,back tuesday,wednesday legs,thrusday shoulders,friday biceps triceps, and use the principal you showed me, 4 sets 6-12 reos, and also how many excercises do i do for each body part on that given day? if i were to choose that plan? thanks lorez for your advice btw[/quote]

Not every program works that way. For instance, 5/3/1 works quite a bit differently.

I think you should avoid trying to make your own program at this point, and instead just pick one of those programs you were linked to – those are all hypertrophy focused. That, or another program developed by someone who knows what they’re talking about.

so what i said wouldnt work? thing is i only have 25-25 pounds dumbells but when it comes to bar and plates i have enough, i just want free weight excercises, any other routines you know about? 5 3 1 seems hard i dont under stand it i need a pdf

Boring But Big!

What do you not understand?

ok basically i want a split routine program with free weights only and with mainly compound movements, and somethings thats not complicated. i was thinking one body part a day and just increase the weight every week for all my workouts, like i’ll do 4 works outs for chest on monday with 4 sets-8-12 reps

5 3 1 seems hard i dont under stand it i need a pdf[/quote]
Your in luck, it’s a book, you can buy, for like 20 bucks.