T Nation

Need Advice on Dehydration

Hi guys!

Weight: 179.25
Normal weight (food in stomach, fully hydrated, glykogen reserves full): 192.5
Goal Weight: <176

Current state: Glykogen depleted, ~13.6% BF (Caliper 7-Site), not much food in intestines
I am probably slightly dehydrated already.

The thing is, this is a bet i want to win. I still have 2 weeks to go, but with christmas coming i'd love to get this done and over with.

I couldn't care less about strength and or muscle loss right now.

The main question for me:
Do you think i can already dehydrate down to below 176 safely?
If so, how would you do it?

I never had a planned dehydration, and before i would risk something i'd rather take more time.
My main concern is that the usual dehydration articles are probably not realistic for me as i hold a lot less muscle and therefore water than a high weight class powerlifter.

Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.

edit-->missed part of your original post.

The easier solution would be if you stayed out of this thread,
if you have nothing else to say. If you feel like i am trolling, just continue to do so, ignore me and we both will have a better time.

//edit: If this is the wrong forum for it, apologies in advance. I posted this here, because i was assuming that the people here are experienced with this due to the necessity of making weight.

what have you been doing up to this point to "make weight"? and how long have you been doing it?
You said you started out at 192.5 and you're trying to get down to 176 and you're at 179.25 right now.

My initial thought was...you've got 3.25 pounds to go, you could easily do this in a sweat suit on a treadmill for an hour. Or you could cut carbs for a few days and you could easily shed several pounds. If you look at Lyle Mcdonald's crash diet, he says 10-20 lbs. in 7-14 days by restricting calories to .7grams of protein x bodyweight...no fat, no carbs. You'll drop the water and sugar pretty quick and then you'll start tapping fat stores.

But really, I'm wondering what you're doing and how long you've been doing it for. If you haven't been drinking any fluids for several days, I wouldn't tell you to get on a treadmill with a sweat suit on...

Nope, i have been drinking each day up until now (half a gallon this day, at least 1.5 gallons the 20 days before). But emptying glykogen stores in ketosis means water lost. The current slight dehydration should come from liquid shit (sorry, don't know the english word for it). I have eaten the last carb 3 days ago.

Its 3 pounds seriously? Just sweat it out. Very easy, you can lose 4 or 5 pounds in an hour and a half wrestling practice. If you have been drinking that much water I am sure you are fine on dehydration. Just throw a sauna suit and sweats on, run and your good.

just for a bet?
better be decent money on the line. cutting weight sucks. and you could easily dehydrate the last 3 1/4 lbs.

this shit is for a stupid bet with a friend, how the fuck is this powerlifting? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THIS SHIT! bodybuilding.com will happily answer this stupid fucking question for you!

I did it now. The last 2 lbs were harder to sweat off than i imagined :>

Thx everybody for the advice!

//edit: To say it was for a bet would be correct. But usually, i use the bets to drive me to accomplish something, in this case losing weight while becoming stronger. I started out above 200 3 months ago, and i still get PRs on Wendlers 531 modified for powerlifting right now (period of 3 months, binging and drinking in between).

didn't see you did it already.