Well, I started on my bulking expedition a little less than a month ago now.
Here are my stats when I started:
mindset: “I am a hardgainer!”
calorie intake: about 1000-1200 of crappy food - then about another 500-750 in mountain dews(yeah I was addicted, so what?)
Now(almost 1 month later):
mindset: “a hardgainer is a pussy that is afraid to eat big and lift big, yes I was a pussy, but at least I untucked my ballsack, what about you?”
height: obviously the same, 5-9
weight: 188-190 (will be solidly over 190 by end of next week if I continue eating and lifting the way that I have been)
As far as fat % goes:
don’t know exactly, but I can still see my abs a little with no flex, but with flex they are noticeable.
- unfortunately I didn’t take pictures before because I thought that it would take me at least a year to get to 210, I couldn’t have even imagined gaining 20 lbs in a month. needless to say, I haven’t noticed an increase, maybe a little fuller in my legs and chest but that’s about it, nothing that I would think was 20 pounds.
GOAL: 210-215 then start cutting
calorie intake: minimum of 3500/day -
expanding on that:
I do not count liquids in my calories, but I do drink about half gallon of milk a day, maybe more, this is mixed between whole and 2%. I also drink spicy V8 for my veggies, otherwise I probably wouldn’t eat any.
average protein: 200+
average carbs: 400+
average fats: 50+
NOTE: I DO NOT EAT 5-8 MEALS A DAY. I EAT ALL THE TIME - I STAY FULL EXCEPT FOR ABOUT A 2 HOUR BREAK BETWEEN THE TIME I GET OFF WORK AND THE TIME I RELAX AT HOME, THEN I START EATING AGAIN, SOMETIMES I GET UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND HAVE A YOGURT WITH A GLASS OF MILK.
- Surge(started about 2 weeks ago)
- Metabolic Drive Complete(just got this 3 days ago, stuff is pretty tasty)
drinking this once a day.
- glutamine(bought this before I found this site, so figured I would use it up)
- Biotest creatine - haven’t used creatine yet, but thinking I should mix this with my Surge PWO?
- cheap multi from wal-mart, not even sure of brand.
been following the 5x5 program.
squats/leg press/leg extension
row/overhead db press/pullups/deadlifts(been a little bitch doing these though - could go heavier)
also including some curls and tricep work because I think my arms are small.
If I maintain my weight gain at this rate, first off I think I will gain way too much fat, but secondly I would be at my goal of 210 in about 10-12 weeks!!! I know that my weight gains will start to slow, but at what weight will that happen???
I don’t think that I have good genetics, no one in my family is over 180, unless they are a lard ass. And nobody has muscle definition, just skinny.
So where I need help is this:
AM I GAINING WEIGHT TO FAST?
SHOULD I LOWER MY CALORIE INTAKE?
CREATINE? A GOOD IDEA OR BAD IDEA?
INPUTS ON ANYTHING I CAN DO WOULD BE GREAT.
if I left anything out that you need to know, post it, and I will answer it.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.