Need Advice on Anavar Only Cycle

I am wanting to do an anavar only cycle at 20 mg a ed for 5 weeks. This is my first time using AAS, and just wanted to start out with something that has few side effects. I am not wanting to gain a lot of mass, I am mostly wanting to preserve muscle while I am leaning out. i will also be using a low dose of T3. Is there any use in a PCT with Anavar, also how is Anavar on libido.

due to the lack of preparation you have dedicated to this cycle you will probably not make many friends here.

Based on your choice to do a 20mg a day var cycle for your first, looks like you got it all figured out.

maybe read the newbie cycle sticky at the top of the forum. u might learn something.

If u listen to anything, cut out or at least be careful with t3

You wont get much input on oral only cycles. I doubt you will get what you are looking for out of this “cycle” you’ve researched so hard on.

There are plenty of options to look at if you are looking to cut. Research a little more.

Out of curiousity… Specs? (Age/weight/height/years training… etc)

bmc

T3 from my understanding will not burn the fat off of you like i believe you are going for!

It is used by bbers to knock off that last 1-2% of body fat for a contest.

And if you get it wrong you will be taking it for the rest of your life.

T3 is not a noobie drug!!!

Lets dig our nose back in the books and yes read the noobie planning guide by curious.

And a lot more effort aas aren’t magical pills.

The Judge

First off tell something about yourself training and nutrition wise. And what your goals are. Also Why you want to do var.

Var is the mildest substance you can do. It will give you great pumps and mild gains if any at all. Unless your test is low. I found out by a blood test mine is naturally low. So I respond alright with it.

But 20mgs is not nearly enough for a cycle. Also you need to take it for at least 2 months to see any gains. The gains are slow but will come with time.

During this time you will see (well mine did) bodyfat % drops. Strength gains by the second week(best part of var). Some gains near the 2.5 to 3 month mark. This was at a dose of 40mgs a day with a 2 week peek of 60mgs a day.

The down side is I experienced back pumps like a mofo @ 60mg and mild ones @ 40mgs. You are lethargic as a snail(bad if your looking for performance). I got some mild bacne from it. Oily skin on my face and chest and back. Also taking 10mg pills every few hours sucks big time!! I can’t stress this enough. You can literally feel the var wear off. Also if your busy in your life you sometimes can’t remember when you took your last pill. You will feel it first thing in the morning too since this is the lowest point in the day your levels are. Leading you to wonder why anyone would want to take a pill for gains.

I would recommend you start with injections first. Like simple Test-E. Its easy and simpler to manage. You poke your muscle with some oil and your good to go for days worry free.

Check the sticky Newbie thread at the top of the forum and read it inside and out till you can repeat and understand it.

Well i am 6’1 187 lbs with about 10% bf. I am 22 years old and have been training for 4 years. I have been doing EDT for fat loss. I am following a carb cycling approach as to diet. I have lost about 10 lbs of fat and am now stuck. I am afraid of losing muscle on T3 so I started looking around for some AAS. I am only taking Anavar bcause it is mild, and I am not wanting a lot of side effects. I am not looking to get into any serious cycle now or even in the near future. I was only looking for something to give me that little extra protection of my muscle while on T3. I am only going to be doing a 50 mg of T3 ed at the highest dose. I have read the newbie thread and I am not interested in doing a heavy cycle of any kind. That is why I chose Anavar at a low dose. If this is not a good idea I appreciate all concern, and if anyone coudl help I would appreciate it.

I say do it and track your results. At the end of the 5 weeks you’ll realize it was not worth the money/effort. Or maybe it will be, who knows. If you took the 20mgs at once, pre workout for example, theres a lesser chance that you will experience HPTA shutdown than if you were to space out the dosage. Bloodwork would be the only way to know the extent of the shutdown. If your HPTA doesn’t get shutdown than you wont need PCT, if it does, you will.

ABOVE STATEMENT DOES NOT APPLY TO T3
I don’t really know enough about the dangers/benefits of thyroid meds to make an educated comment.

EDIT: after reading your most recent post I’d say that, with your background and current stats, you could probably make good fat loss progress on the anavar alone assuming all aspects of your diet are conducive for fat loss. The effects of AAS on nutrient partioning should be enough for someone at 10% to lose a little bit more fat. I’m under the impression that T3 may be a little excessive at this point.

BTW this is a bodybuilding site and you’re skinny. 187 at 6’1" at 10% is a good base to start building, not lose.

You DO need advice… correct.

Don’t listen to people when they tell you orals do not work. Thats inherently false…and many people have used them for YEARS with good results. However, you can’t expect as much as you would with a real cycle including test. As far as anavar goes…take it for what it is and expect what should be expected. Its mild…very mild…and personally I didn’t really FEEL it until I upped the dose to atleast 75mg a day and even went up for a whole week at 100mg a day. For your goals …50mg ED is a must.

I did a first cycle - 4 weeeks of var at 30mg a day and gained approx 16lbs.
Strength increase was dramatic and I retained most of the lean gains whilst losing a bit of fat along the way.

I had been training for 10 years 5’9 and approx 210 lbs at the start. I did suffer from ridiculous back pumps to the point where walking for any distance expecially up a hill was verging on crippling.

Other than tight nuts and elevated mood I experienced no sides. I used tribbulus as PCT which seemed to do the job.

Maybe 30mg ed for 4 weeks does seem like fuck all to many but it did the job for me!

[quote]matt_t2004 wrote:
Well i am 6’1 187 lbs with about 10% bf. I am 22 years old and have been training for 4 years. I have been doing EDT for fat loss. I am following a carb cycling approach as to diet. I have lost about 10 lbs of fat and am now stuck.

I am afraid of losing muscle on T3 so I started looking around for some AAS. I am only taking Anavar bcause it is mild, and I am not wanting a lot of side effects. I am not looking to get into any serious cycle now or even in the near future.

I was only looking for something to give me that little extra protection of my muscle while on T3. I am only going to be doing a 50 mg of T3 ed at the highest dose. I have read the newbie thread and I am not interested in doing a heavy cycle of any kind. That is why I chose Anavar at a low dose. If this is not a good idea I appreciate all concern, and if anyone coudl help I would appreciate it.[/quote]

You don’t need T3. No one does.

Why are you doing EDT for fat loss? You weigh a buck-87.

Nutrition modification will do you more good than any steroid will.

[quote]Dave1188 wrote:

due to the lack of preparation you have dedicated to this cycle you will probably not make many friends here.
[/quote]

I like this quote! rofl!!

[quote]matt_t2004 wrote:
Well i am 6’1 187 lbs with about 10% bf. I am 22 years old and have been training for 4 years. I have been doing EDT for fat loss. I am following a carb cycling approach as to diet. I have lost about 10 lbs of fat and am now stuck. I am afraid of losing muscle on T3 so I started looking around for some AAS. I am only taking Anavar bcause it is mild, and I am not wanting a lot of side effects. I am not looking to get into any serious cycle now or even in the near future. I was only looking for something to give me that little extra protection of my muscle while on T3. I am only going to be doing a 50 mg of T3 ed at the highest dose. I have read the newbie thread and I am not interested in doing a heavy cycle of any kind. That is why I chose Anavar at a low dose. If this is not a good idea I appreciate all concern, and if anyone coudl help I would appreciate it.[/quote]

mmmmmk, lets sort this out. 10% bf and on t3, or you could just run 2 miles 3x a week. 6’1 187, and wanting to use aas, or you could make it to the gym more than 3x a week. there you go, problem solved.