T Nation

Need Advice on a Program

Starting from August 7th I intend to start off with a new program. Right now I am doing a shoulder specialization routine 'coz my left shoulder was acting a bit naughty …
Anyways, I am 5’11 and my last weigh in showed 158.8 … but i’d say it keeps fluctuating around 160lbish … with an approximate bf of 13%
So my goal is to gain strength and simultaneously lose some fat… BY the next March I intend to get my bf to a single digit…

Well I did go through a lot of T-Nation articles, and was wondering which program to choose !
Moreover, I also read through Chad Waterbury’s Muscle Revolution and he suggested a certain order of BBB, TTT, SFM, and WM and cycle it !

Well I was wondering whether to get on with it or not… or maybe you folks have something better in mind !

Let me first ask this - why would a 5’11’’ 160 pounder want to lose weight?

[quote]mwyatt wrote:
Let me first ask this - why would a 5’11’’ 160 pounder want to lose weight?[/quote]

Seconded. I am almost exactly your size, my BF is lower but for crying out loud … dropping to single digit BF would make you look like a marathoner. Mine is 8-9 but I am willing to hit the low teens if it means reaching my goals.

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
mwyatt wrote:
Let me first ask this - why would a 5’11’’ 160 pounder want to lose weight?

Seconded. I am almost exactly your size, my BF is lower but for crying out loud … dropping to single digit BF would make you look like a marathoner. Mine is 8-9 but I am willing to hit the low teens if it means reaching my goals.[/quote]

Thirded. Listen to these people. Your best focus should be to gain as much muscle as possible. Eat a lot, try to eat clean, and lift weights hard. After a while, THEN lose some fat.

Kay so one would suggest … a program which focuses on gainig strength and some hypertrophy right ?

[quote]slaveofhades wrote:
Kay so one would suggest … a program which focuses on gainig strength and some hypertrophy right ?[/quote]

This will get you started:

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/how_to_design_a_damn_good_program_part_1&cr=

http://www.T-Nation.com/article/bodybuilding/how_to_design_a_damn_good_program_part_2&cr=

Well this one is straight out from a guy’s mouth giving me advise ! "Why did you start doing weights ? Your muscles would not grow anymore… You should stick to just CHinups and pullups and Dips "

Well of course I was talking about arm exercises … and since I told him that I do barbell curls … he said this !

HOw authentic is this advise ?

XD

lets do a logic exercise, shall we. Here we have a site dedicated to lifting weights in order to get bigger and stronger. Many people here have gotten bigger and stronger by lifting weights. Some of these people have gotten strong enough that bodyweight exercises such as chins, dips, and pull ups don’t make their muscles grow unless they add external weight. What do you think the answer to your question is going to be?

GOD FUCKI* Dammit LOL !!!

Thanks a lot :smiley: