Need Advice - Low T?

Hello everybody, my name is David, I am 25 years old, I´ve been working out since my 14 so, it´s now 12 years of lifting 3-4 times a week. Long story short, since I started lifting I was making pretty good progress despite my ectomorphic body. My height is 172 cm (5.7 ft), and I gained from 52 kgs (114 lbs) to (70 kg) 154 lbs with 8% of bodyfat. My actual weight is 74 kg (163 lbs) and 12% bodyfat.

The problem is that past 2 years my gains were almost zero to none, also I started noticing that my belly started to show up but the worst thing is that I almost lost my libido. There were times 3 years ago when my libido was high all day, but past two years it decreased noticeably. My doctor tested my testosterone with result 18 nmol/L (2 years ago ), now it was 14 nmol/l of total testosterone.

So I went to endocrinologist to make my bloodtest done, doctor said that it is necessary to evaluate not total but free testosterone. The results were 14 pg/ml of free testosterone, SHBG 31 nmol/l, cort 800 nmol/l, LH 3.0 IU/L,FSH 4.8, Prol 5.8, FT4 20 pmol/l, TSH 0.99 mIU/L, ACTH 45 pg/ml Doctor said that the results are OK and everything is fine. Then I asked another endocrinologist and I get the same answer.

My urologist said that lower libido is not problem, that some men have no libido at all so it is nothing to worry about, but I know that when I was able to make my girlfriend happy 3 times a day and now it is barely 3 times a week, it is a big difference.

I have never had any steroids, I eat properly, sleep 8-9 hours and I tried many vitamis that could be connected with T like zinc, b vitamins, magnesium, etc… I´m not feeling pumped after workout, my workout is not making me happy anymore( of course I also tried to change my workouts), my libido is low and doctors think that everything is OK because it is within range. Is here anybody with same or similar problem? Thanks for the answer and sorry for grammar.

It should be a red flag that your doctors are ignoring your symptoms and only focus on lab numbers, young men should be chasing the girls around the house and if their not something is wrong especially at 25. UK doctors are still living in the dark ages medically, doctor probably never had sex in their life. Sounds like your doctor is the one with a low libido, seems to be speaking from experience.

You are biochemically different from everyone else, you did not come out of a factory. What’s low for you might not be low for someone else. If you are having low-T symptoms in the 400’s you likely have a thyroid issue. However TSH looks good, but you need full thyroid panel and need to take am and mid-afternoon temps using an old fashioned mercury thermometer. Please read thyroid sticky.

Time for a new doctor!

Thanks for your answer, and what do you think about Testosterone levels? Are they OK for my age and lifestyle?

Absolutely not, at your age you should be near the top of the range. If you were a teenager you would likely be just about the top of range just north of 1000 ng/dL, nearer to 30 years old maybe 700-900 range. President Trump is 461 ng/dL and he’s 71 years old. You’re definitely low for your age, even if you were at 500, for your age would still be a tad low in my opinion.

If I take it to my own hands, what can I do? I´ve read something that Clomid has the ability to restore T levels. Could it be helpful for me as a last chance, or is something that can help? In the case that doctors will be still claiming that it is in “normal range”.

It’s definitely a possibility Clomid could restore you T levels to what’s normal for you, you now know you’re not in the normal range so do not accept substandard care from a doctor that’s telling that you’re in the normal range. You also need to post labs ranges since different labs have different ranges, we can better interpret what’s going on with you.

A good doctor is going to consider your labs and your symptoms in determining whether you need treatment. When I went to see my doctor I was presenting serious physical impairment, I was so weak physically my muscles were wasting, no erections, intense brain fog. When I got my labs everything started making more sense. I’m probably too old (45) for Clomid to work, so TRT was the right choice for me.

Important you read → Thyroid Basics Explained

Please help by posting all of your lab work with lab ranges in list format.

We have good number of guys here with similar problems to yours.
Please read the first two stickies and provide more information about you.

Doctors are often the problem.
Where are you located. This affects your diagnostic and treatment options.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Thanks for your answers, I personally think that doctors do not care if I am within range, no matter that I dont feel like I was used to… I have another question, do you think that it is possible to raise or bring back my testosterone by taking tribulus?