Need Advice, I am Serious This Time

Are you sure your not doing 550 on a leg press, because thats kinda believable but a 550 squat thats huge, its a workout just loading the bar with all of the plates you need to do that.

Tim Henriques has writen an article on strength and he defines a squat of 455 as a 1 rep max as being great. his definition of great is “Great is the final and highest category of strength on this standard. The word “great” is used as a comparison to average people; it is not a comparison to other athletes. So while I classify someone who has a 455 squat as having a great squat, that doesn’t mean they’re a great powerlifter, just that they’re lifting much more weight than the normal person.
Achieving the great level would put your strength above 99% of the rest of the general population. I don’t believe that all people are capable of achieving the great level of strength, but the only way to find out is to work hard toward that goal. Almost no one is capable of the great level of strength without significant formal training.”

your beating it by 100 pounds and your doing it on a turkey sandwhich and whatever your mom cooked you for dinner. why arent you all over youtube. if you could realy do lifts liek that your YMCA would be all over it showing how you dont need to go to a fancy gym to get strong.

maybe you would like to revise your list.

i might be a pussy in other peoples eyes for the relatively low weights im pushing at the moment but at least im not lying.

If you want some advice try not being a fucking liar.

i dont have alot to offer in the ways of nutritional advice, there are guys here with heaps of knowledge tap into that if you can.

to end on a positive note, congratulations on the weightloss, thats a big drop.

[quote]jck524 wrote:
i dont believe Bench - 315lbs
Squat - 550lbs
Deadlift - 430lbs
[/quote]

Wow you have better lifts than me and I am 3 years older than you (and been lifting since 17). Please tell me how you do it?

:slight_smile:

[quote]rlomeli wrote:
jck524 wrote:
i dont believe Bench - 315lbs
Squat - 550lbs
Deadlift - 430lbs

Wow you have better lifts than me and I am 3 years older than you (and been lifting since 17). Please tell me how you do it?

:)[/quote]

Im going to guess its the low calorie diet, mixed with creatine and a whole lot of bullshit.

Try hitting the weights seriously for a change – to the point where the room’s spinning, you puke, and then pass out.

If that’s too much work, you can always join Curves. Your 1500 calorie diet of mommy’s sammiches will work WONDERS on getting you nice and toned.

While I do appreciate you guys who did give advice, I have a question for everyone else who doesn’t believe me, why is it so hard to believe me? I was training the wrong way, doing squat, dead, and bench every day, slowly increasing weight by 5lbs EVERY DAY FOR 2.5 YEARS!!! If you slowly increase weight by 5lbs, your maxes go up with it.

I posted my situation on another forum and got better advice already so I don’t think I will be coming back here anymore except to read articles because you people are too narrow minded to realize that there are kids out there now a days who weight train and may be stronger than they look.

cause if you can squat 550 lbs then you should be able to “deadlift” 550 lbs by squatting it up instead of deadlifting it…

[quote]HOUSTON TEXAN wrote:
While I do appreciate you guys who did give advice, I have a question for everyone else who doesn’t believe me, why is it so hard to believe me? I was training the wrong way, doing squat, dead, and bench every day, slowly increasing weight by 5lbs EVERY DAY FOR 2.5 YEARS!!![/quote]
5 lbs every day for 2,5 years would give you an increase of over 4500 pounds.

1. stop trying to gain mass AND loose weight simultaneously – it’s one or the other.

2. stop bullshitting on this forum if you want advice.

3. focus on these:

squats
deadlifts
stiff-legged deadlifts
bench press
pullovers
bar dips
wide grip pull-ups
bent over rows
shoulder press

1. stop bullshitting on this forum if you want advice.

2. lift heavy, REST, eat a ton of food. rinse and repeat.

3. stop bullshitting on this forum if you want advice.

4. realize the fitness industry is akin to cosmetics: most of the stuff out there is garbage. you can’t rub creme on your ass and make cellulite disappear, you can’t take magic pills, supplements, etc. and have a perfect body tomorrow morning. IT TAKES TIME AND EFFORT.

5. stop bullshitting on this forum if you want advice.

6. did i mention to cut the bullshit out?

If you want to shut everyone up just take a picture of something near 550, hell even 500. Have someone take the picture for you at the bottom of the squat.

No need for a video, that would work just fine.

Those twigs can’t even squat 225…you’re a bold face liar!

One week you’re a college running back, the next week you’re doing the V-Diet, now you’re “serious this time” and claiming a 550 pound squat with your Pussy ass physique!

Go to your other forum where they tolerate douchebags like yourself and stop posting here!

[quote]HOUSTON TEXAN wrote:
While I do appreciate you guys who did give advice, I have a question for everyone else who doesn’t believe me, why is it so hard to believe me? I was training the wrong way, doing squat, dead, and bench every day, slowly increasing weight by 5lbs EVERY DAY FOR 2.5 YEARS!!! If you slowly increase weight by 5lbs, your maxes go up with it. [/quote]

I found a video of you at the gym warming up,

After lieing about your 1 rep amx in your first post, your now saying you trained every day for 1080+ days and incrased your lifts each day slowly by 2.3+ kg!..

you would mess up your body system up for a start even training over a few consecutive days with ‘those lifts’ doing yourself more harm than good,

it’s your choice to leave the board but you have deserved the comments you have received in this thread,