T Nation

Need Advice and Knowledge...

Hello everyone i’m 30 yo 5’8" and 161 lbs, i’m have a nice shape for not taking any kind of supplements ( no protein etc.) i tried all them and i did not see any changes in my body and i spent a lot of money for 0 results…

i looks the same since i was 18 yo, i’m happy but i always wanted to have 15 lbs extra…but my body can’t gain any weight…so here i’m stuck for all these years…i have to choices and here is when i need your advice and expertise…(1)- is buy some good gear…this is what i want: i want to get 10 to 15 lb of muscle in a way that if i stop using these products i can keep that body weight and shape…the weight increment does not have to happen one day to another i’m willing to wait…so please tell me some names and products that will have the lower side effects and what will be good to use to protect my liver also.
(2)- is to use products that you can get everywhere but i’m not sure if i will get any result cause back then i tried everything and i have not seen results and i spent a lot of money but that was years ago maybe now there are new products that will get me there…well you let me know

Thanks

I’m tempted to give a smartass answer but instead I’ll ask:

how much are you eating?
how much are you sleeping?
how much do you deadlift and squat?

It sounds to me like all you did was take supplements, did not work out, and expected to gain muscle. Also, what are you talking about when you say “Good Gear”? Are you planning to buy a power rack or some dumbells?

Do you lift at all? I don’t understand the question.

And… Please stop using so many ellipses.

i workout 5 days a week for the past 12 years i eat 4 to 5 meals a day most of them are protein and carbs, i think i’m in the top weight and top shape for being all natural ( not taking any suplements ) i think my body looks great ( healthy, cut and with an athletic look )

what i want to gain 15 lb of pure muscle and i need to know what will be the best way…read my first topic again so i do not have to repeat myself if you still not getting what i’m looking for let me know and i try to explain myself in a different way…i’m from another country and english is my third language sorry

[quote]alohaarg wrote:
i workout 5 days a week for the past 12 years i eat 4 to 5 meals a day most of them are protein and carbs, i think i’m in the top weight and top shape for being all natural ( not taking any suplements ) i think my body looks great ( healthy, cut and with an athletic look )

what i want to gain 15 lb of pure muscle and i need to know what will be the best way…read my first topic again so i do not have to repeat myself if you still not getting what i’m looking for let me know and i try to explain myself in a different way…i’m from another country and english is my third language sorry[/quote]

Hi Alohaarg,

I’ve read your post a few times, along with your other post in another thread, and I while I understand that you want to add 15 pounds, simply stating a goal like that doesn’t help much because we don’t understand exactly what it is you’re doing now.

If you want to gain LBM, you’re going to have to train harder and eat more. How much? Well, we can’t even begin to advise you on this because we don’t know how you’re training or eating now.

For example, saying that you have been “working out” 5 days a week tells us very little - I, for one, see people “working out” for years and years doing the same thing day in, and day out: they are lifting the same weight, doing the same lifts, they were 5 years ago. In other words, they are wasting their time.

I’m not saying this is what you’re doing, but I don’t know exactly WHAT you are doing, so I can’t advise you on what to change. Same with eating.

We know what you’re asking for. And we’re saying that with your stats you should be able to make more progress without gear.

Have you been doing pretty much the same workout for 12 years or have you done a variety of completely different programs? Your body could just need a new challenge to force it to adapt and grow. If you’ve been doing 5 days a week for all these years maybe a program which calls for 3 days a week or 10 days in a row would do it. But we need to know what you’ve been doing to suggest some things to try.

Also, you need to eat more and possibly sleep more.

[quote]alohaarg wrote:

what i want to gain 15 lb of pure muscle and i need to know what will be the best way…read my first topic again so i do not have to repeat myself if you still not getting what i’m looking for let me know and i try to explain myself in a different way…i’m from another country and english is my third language sorry[/quote]

I’m sorry, did you just imply you’re in top shape/weight for being all natural? 12 years going to the gym and you weigh 161lbs? You must have some hot women there, because you sure as hell don’t lift any weights in there, and you cannot possibly consider steroids.

Damnit man this is not rocket science, no “magic pills” that get you there.

Lots of food + Lifting HEAVY weights + rest&recovery = growth in muscle.

If you are not growing, then you have to consider one of those 3 factors.