Need a Very Intense Strength Program

Oh. Good to hear you didn’t do it AFTER those problems came. Even better to hear you continuing them even though the problems kept coming. :slight_smile:

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Oh. Good to hear you didn’t do it AFTER those problems came. Even better to hear you continuing them even though the problems kept coming. :)[/quote]
Yes I was very tempted to quit the second week and I remember that one night I had just finished a workout and I was counting the days I had left when I found out it was five I had almost cried(NO FUCKING JOKE) this was the same day that I had puked after my workout, and my car door would no longer close. I had also dented the door also because I punched it really hard since it wouldn’t close I also thought I had broke my hand because of that. That was probably the worst day of the week.
I AM NOW FUCKING DONE YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
will tell you what my gains are like later one if they suck I will most likely kill myself.

[quote]I’mCharming wrote:
undeadlift wrote:
Oh. Good to hear you didn’t do it AFTER those problems came. Even better to hear you continuing them even though the problems kept coming. :slight_smile:
Yes I was very tempted to quit the second week and I remember that one night I had just finished a workout and I was counting the days I had left when I found out it was five I had almost cried(NO FUCKING JOKE) this was the same day that I had puked after my workout, and my car door would no longer close. I had also dented the door also because I punched it really hard since it wouldn’t close I also thought I had broke my hand because of that. That was probably the worst day of the week.
I AM NOW FUCKING DONE YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
will tell you what my gains are like later one if they suck I will most likely kill myself.

[/quote]

I did a somewhat modified cycle of the Super Accumulation Program last fall, and I doubt it was the same intensity as you (I also had MUCH LESS stress). But things were similar for me, stupid shit upsetting me, crying a couple times. Falling and scraping my shin jumping over a fence I jumped over all the time because my legs were too fatigued. I don’t think I smiled the whole 14 days.

Good job going all the way. I took Alpha Male for 5 days like Poliquin suggested in the SAP, and I would recommend the same thing to you. Eat like an animal, “enhance” all your water (Creatine, BCAA, glutamine), take your ZMA, and if you can’t get to sleep, get some herbal chamomile tea, and maybe some melatonin. The sleep thing is really what’s gotta be killing you the worst!

The worst part is, that being done should be one of the best moments of your lift. The reality is, you feel like a bleeding, raped butthole and you’re beyond too tired to do any kind of even a fucking fist pump. I rewarded myself with an extra long shower… woooo!

well its been a weeks since I started my program and I tell you it sucks. I wasn’t able to get 315 off my chest yesterday which was very depressing and made me look like a huge puss in front of a lot of people.
[/quote]

Do not get put down. What other people think is not that important. A real lifter will never laugh of a missed lift, and a person with good self esteem will not be put down by a missed lift.

Continuity is what matters. If you could not lift it now, perhaps you have been training too hard and need some time off. Increasing the bench press is a game of patience, nothing else.

Be patient, lift consistently and progressively, and you will get stronger!

Well, good job making it through. I highly, HIGHLY suggest taking more than 5 days rest. Just find something to do outside (after you sleep the first 2-3 days away) and get the blood moving. Don’t stay still after the first few days (don’t do anything hard either–just take walks outside or stretch or go to the park and play frisbee). of course, if you feel really good and feel psyched and ready to test your lifts after 5 days, then by all means do it–I just don’t want you to go in feeling like crap. If you need more time take it.

I did an S-A program of my own design, and the rest phase varied from between 1 and 2 weeks. I made sure to get massages and listen to peaceful music–psychologically relaxing is just as important as taking care of your muscular restoration. Definitely helps CNS recovery. Also, starting the second week post S-A, I did recovery workouts. I sometimes started midway through the first week if I felt “good”.

thanks aragorn and hockechamp14 right now I have been feeling constantly lethargic I usually fall asleep at 1-2 am, but I am falling asleep at 10 pm now. I might pick up some test booster but I am not sure that is so smart since I am 18 and still in highschool but desperate times call for desperate measure. All in all I don’t feel as much like scraped shit and I have been eating like I am going to the chair, I alternate between liquids and solids just so I won’t get as full. Hopefully I will get atleast to 405 for bench which I was hoping to get before I graduate from highschool so I can’t set the bench record at my school.

You just completed like 2 months of training in 2 weeks! 5 days is nowhere near enough rest… Perhaps after those 5 days you could take a week of training with conservative weights to get the feel back?

[quote]daraz wrote:
You just completed like 2 months of training in 2 weeks! 5 days is nowhere near enough rest… Perhaps after those 5 days you could take a week of training with conservative weights to get the feel back?[/quote]

for the first week back I was only planning to work up to 80-85% of my old max just to see how I am feeling with the weights and then I will just do light recovery workouts. The following week I will comeback and go for a 405 bench depending how I feel

No way man!! You shouldn’t even be LOOKING at a bench right now. Or a barbell for that matter. Trust me on this–Your bench was ~ 390, and towards the end of your S-A phase you said you couldn’t even get 315 off your chest. That means you failed at getting 80% of your max off your chest.

This means that working up to 80% in the next day or so represents a near MAXIMAL strain on your already weak system. This is NOT supercompensation. If, and that is a BIG if, you choose to do weight training this week, use it to isolate your weak muscle groups with cable, dumbbell stuff. And stick to high rep ranges (greater than 12 reps/set). You need to do the exact opposite of what you have been doing for the past couple weeks to help your system recover. Pump blood and nutrients into the muscles, don’t strain at heavy weight. Use your head.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
No way man!! You shouldn’t even be LOOKING at a bench right now. Or a barbell for that matter. Trust me on this–Your bench was ~ 390, and towards the end of your S-A phase you said you couldn’t even get 315 off your chest. That means you failed at getting 80% of your max off your chest.

This means that working up to 80% in the next day or so represents a near MAXIMAL strain on your already weak system. This is NOT supercompensation. If, and that is a BIG if, you choose to do weight training this week, use it to isolate your weak muscle groups with cable, dumbbell stuff. And stick to high rep ranges (greater than 12 reps/set). You need to do the exact opposite of what you have been doing for the past couple weeks to help your system recover. Pump blood and nutrients into the muscles, don’t strain at heavy weight. Use your head.[/quote]

Sorry if I confused people this whole week I am completely off after this week I will be back in the gym and thats when I will test myself, right now I don’t want to be anywhere near a gym haha. All I will be doing this week is sleeping and eating.

So you will take a week off and then a fairly light week? Sounds like a very good plan to me.

thanks aragorn and hockechamp14 right now I have been feeling constantly lethargic I usually fall asleep at 1-2 am, but I am falling asleep at 10 pm now. I might pick up some test booster but I am not sure that is so smart since I am 18 and still in highschool but desperate times call for desperate measure. All in all I don’t feel as much like scraped shit and I have been eating like I am going to the chair, I alternate between liquids and solids just so I won’t get as full. Hopefully I will get atleast to 405 for bench which I was hoping to get before I graduate from highschool so I can’t set the bench record at my school.[/quote]

I took Alpha Male 2 weeks before my nineteenth birthday back in august, and I didn’t die. Use your own discretion though. To be honest, I didn’t notice much, but it made me feel better that I was taking it like poliquin suggested.

Damn its been a while since I have been on here well heres the update I have been feeling a lot better don’t feel like killing people any more either. I have gained about five or four pounds and have added clost to a quarter of an inch to my arms. The weights feel just slight bit heavy but otherwise everything is good. I definitely noticed a strength increase with my back because when I had benched today the person spotting told me I had a really good explosion off my chest.

Now I worked up to 85% of my max if felt easy but my spotter was telling me that it looks like I start slowing down as soon as my arms break parallel and then I speed up again as soon as I move it an inch or so. COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO WORK TO ELIMINATE THIS STICKING POINT ITS ABOUT WHEN MY ARMS ARE 95 degrees IF THAT HELPS

Thanks for reading will keep you all updated
-Charming

could be technique, chest, or triceps. Lats are a possibility, though I wouldn’t lay odds on it since it’s coming up fast off your chest where lats work the most. I’m guessing triceps. But that’s just a W.A.G.

Damn its been a while since I have been on here well heres the update I have been feeling a lot better don’t feel like killing people any more either. I have gained about five or four pounds and have added clost to a quarter of an inch to my arms. The weights feel just slight bit heavy but otherwise everything is good. I definitely noticed a strength increase with my back because when I had benched today the person spotting told me I had a really good explosion off my chest.

Now I worked up to 85% of my max if felt easy but my spotter was telling me that it looks like I start slowing down as soon as my arms break parallel and then I speed up again as soon as I move it an inch or so. COULD ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO WORK TO ELIMINATE THIS STICKING POINT ITS ABOUT WHEN MY ARMS ARE 95 degrees IF THAT HELPS

Thanks for reading will keep you all updated
-Charming[/quote]

Give it another week. Keep it low volume and stuff this week. Do some testing thurs, friday, or saturday if you want. You’ll know you’re fully recovered when the weight feels LIGHT.

If you still have the same sticking point after more rest, I’d try dead start pin presses right where your sticking point is.

Go find n3wb’s training logs and read them. That kid would bench for like 14 out of 16 days or squat with a crazy volume for the same kind of frequency. I dont know where he got his training ideas from (he talked about Smolov and some other programs occasionally), but he is strong as hell for a 17 year old.

Also I might mention, you’ll know when you’re getting the testosterone rebound when you feel like Thor and the hulk rolled into one.

Well today I felt so damn good for some reason, maybe because I didn’t have work and I could get some extra sleep, but anyways I could resist going to the gym. So I go to bench and damn is everything going great. Bench feels easy 225 feels like nothing 315 the same 365 very easy single. I was thinking about calling it a day after that but I just decide to slap on more weight I put on 395 and did three times and got four with some assistance. This is fucking great I think I got at least 425 in me. All my hard work actually paid off I was afraid that I would actually be weaker after this program but it’s all good now.

Well now that have benched enough to accumulate 3 months of benching I was thinking that I will hit some decline bench to put more focus on my pecs and triceps, would this help my bench if I get stuck a little past midpoint. I’m open for suggestions!!!
-Charming

When I saw this topic, I was like, “Holy hell this guy’s gonna kill himself.”

Now I’m thinking about trying it myself. Kudos.

Well today I felt so damn good for some reason, maybe because I didn’t have work and I could get some extra sleep, but anyways I could resist going to the gym. So I go to bench and damn is everything going great. Bench feels easy 225 feels like nothing 315 the same 365 very easy single. I was thinking about calling it a day after that but I just decide to slap on more weight I put on 395 and did three times and got four with some assistance. This is fucking great I think I got at least 425 in me. All my hard work actually paid off I was afraid that I would actually be weaker after this program but it’s all good now.

Well now that have benched enough to accumulate 3 months of benching I was thinking that I will hit some decline bench to put more focus on my pecs and triceps, would this help my bench if I get stuck a little past midpoint. I’m open for suggestions!!!
-Charming[/quote]

There’s tons and tons of ways to break your sticking point, but I’m not qualified to be helping you on your bench. List of stuff to maybe try includes: Floor Press, pin press, board press, close grip bench.

The question about decline is a good one. I’m not sure how much that would transfer over though. Did you lose/gain weight during/since the program?