T Nation

Need a Very Intense Strength Program

okay bottom line I am trying to look for either a very intense strength program or rep scheme that will just shock the crap out of my body. I am trying to base it off the super accumulation program by Charles Poliquin though so I would be using the program or rep scheme twice a day almost everyday for two weeks.

What I hope to achieve after my two weeks of hell is that I will get a good super compensation for the big three. I want something that will be so intense that I will crying afterwards because I will have to do it the next day. This repscheme/program can include some gains for hypertrophy but I am mostly interested in strength.

ps. if any one has tried the super accumulation program tell me how it went too.

smolov squat cycles are pretty good for your legs I’ve heard. Not sure about all over, I’m pretty sure you can make your routine more intense though just by pushing yourself past what you think is the hardest you can do. What I mean is some programs might be too much volume for you to do, we don’t know how much training you have on you. Some programs might have way too much volume for a beginner to be worried about. I put a friend through same leg workout as me-he was complete beginner- didn’t finish the workout and body was overly sore for awhile.

well I have done powerlifting and bodybuilding training as well. I just like challenging myself with weightlifting it can be how much I can increase a certain lift within two months to how much mass I can add in two months or just breaking my reps with lighter weight. This program I believe is my ultimate goal to see I far I can push my body as well as my mind to reap the rewards and benefits it comes with doing the program.

I want be able to workout very intensely for 2 weeks(working out twice a day everyday) and maybe more if I can handle it to get the most supercompensation afterwards. So in this case I am striving to do what ever it takes to beat the shit out of myself to get a huge supercompensation in the end

Looks like you’re looking for a completely irrational program to spark new gains in your body. The key in to finding such a program is to think, well, like a madman at the very least. Let me think for a while and show you how it’s done.

Workout 1
A. High Rack Pulls, 10 sets of 5 reps with 10-15 seconds rest between each rep

Workout 2
A. Back Squats, 10 sets of 5 eccentric reps using your 140% RM with 2 spotters with 10-15 seconds rest between reps

Workout 3
A. Bench Press, 10 sets of 5 eccentric reps using your 140% RM with 2 spotters with 10-15 seconds rest between reps

Workout 4
A. Pullups, 10 sets of 5 eccentric reps using your 140% RM with 2 spotters with 10-15 seconds rest between reps

Workout 5
A. Snatch Grip Deadlifts on Platform, do as many reps as you can in 1 hour using your 5RM

Workout 6
A. Back Squats, do as many reps as you can in 1 hour using your 5RM

Workout 7
A. Bench Press, do as many reps as you can in 1 hour using your 5RM

Workout 8
A. Pullups, do as many reps as you can in 1 hour using your 5RM

Workout 9
A. Deadlift, 10 sets, maximal isometric hold for 1 minute at the lockout position (use straps and hold as much weight as you can for 1 minute)

Workout 10
A. Back Squat, 10 sets, maximal isometric hold for 1 minute at the near lockout position (approx. 200% of your 1 RM)

Workout 11
A. Bench Press, 10 sets, maximal isometric hold for 1 minute at the near lockout position (approx. 200% of your 1 RM)

Workout 12
A. Pullup, 10 sets, maximal isometric hold for 1 minute at the top position

Workout 13
A. Deadlift, 5 drop sets, in one set do 5 “mini sets” starting with your 8RM and do 8 reps per mini set

Workout 14
A. Back Squat, 5 drop sets, in one set do 5 “mini sets” starting with your 8RM and do 8 reps per mini set

Workout 15
A. Bench Press, 5 drop sets, in one set do 5 “mini sets” starting with your 8RM and do 8 reps per mini set

Workout 16
A. Pullups, 5 drop sets, in one set do 5 “mini sets” starting with your 8RM and do 8 reps per mini set

Workout 17
10 sets
A1. Power Clean using 5RM, no rest to A2
A2. Squat Clean to failure, no rest to A3
A3. Deadlift to failure, no rest to A4
A4. Partial deadlifts to failure

Workout 18
10 sets
A1. Back Squat using 5RM, no rest to A2
A2. Partial Back Squat to failure, no rest to A3
A2. BW Jump Squat to failure, no rest to A3
A3. BW Squat to failure, no rest to A4
A4. Partial BW Squat to failure

Workout 19
10 sets
A1. Bench Press using 5RM, no rest to A2
A2. Partial Bench Press to failure, no rest to A3
A3. BW Dips to failure, no rest to A4
A4. Partial BW Dips to failure, no rest to A5
A5. Plyometric Pushups to failure, no rest to A6
A6. Regular pushups to failure, no rest to A7
A7. Partial pushups to failure

Workout 20
10 sets
A1. Pullups using 5RM, no rest to A2
A2. Partial Pullups to failure, no rest to A3
A3. Jumping BW Pullups to failure, no rest to A4
A4. Regular pullups to failure, no rest to A5
A5. Partial BW Pullups to failure

That’s for your first 10 days. Your last 4 days is up to you. This is trully the workout of a madman.

Were did you get that program from if you dont mind me asking?

[quote]crashball wrote:
Were did you get that program from if you dont mind me asking?[/quote]

I just made it up. I’m just showing him how a very intense program that should be done ALMOST never could look like. It contains all the basic compound movements and squeezes in all those nasty intensity techniques, so it’s really a quick way to induce overreaching.

Man that is some tough program I am out of breath just reading it. Have you ever done it before?. Its looks crazy and impossible, the only way I could see someone completing this is if they had two weeks with noting else to do but train, eat and sleep.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Workout 5
A. Snatch Grip Deadlifts on Platform, do as many reps as you can in 1 hour using your 5RM

Workout 6

Workout 7

Workout 8

Workout 9
A. Deadlift, 10 sets, maximal isometric hold for 1 minute at the lockout position (use straps and hold as much weight as you can for 1 minute)
[/quote]

I was pretty sure you were sarcastic, but is it wrong that im actually vaguely interested in trying this … ?

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
Looks like you’re looking for a completely irrational program to spark new gains in your body. The key in to finding such a program is to think, well, like a madman at the very least. Let me think for a while and show you how it’s done.

Workout 1
A. High Rack Pulls, 10 sets of 5 reps with 10-15 seconds rest between each rep

Workout 2
A. Back Squats, 10 sets of 5 eccentric reps using your 140% RM with 2 spotters with 10-15 seconds rest between reps

Workout 3
A. Bench Press, 10 sets of 5 eccentric reps using your 140% RM with 2 spotters with 10-15 seconds rest between reps

Workout 4
A. Pullups, 10 sets of 5 eccentric reps using your 140% RM with 2 spotters with 10-15 seconds rest between reps

Workout 5

Workout 6

Workout 7

Workout 8

Workout 9

Workout 10
A. Back Squat, 10 sets, maximal isometric hold for 1 minute at the near lockout position (approx. 200% of your 1 RM)

Workout 11
A. Bench Press, 10 sets, maximal isometric hold for 1 minute at the near lockout position (approx. 200% of your 1 RM)

Workout 12
A. Pullup, 10 sets, maximal isometric hold for 1 minute at the top position

Workout 13
A. Deadlift, 5 drop sets, in one set do 5 “mini sets” starting with your 8RM and do 8 reps per mini set

Workout 14
A. Back Squat, 5 drop sets, in one set do 5 “mini sets” starting with your 8RM and do 8 reps per mini set

Workout 15
A. Bench Press, 5 drop sets, in one set do 5 “mini sets” starting with your 8RM and do 8 reps per mini set

Workout 16
A. Pullups, 5 drop sets, in one set do 5 “mini sets” starting with your 8RM and do 8 reps per mini set

Workout 17
10 sets
A1. Power Clean using 5RM, no rest to A2
A2. Squat Clean to failure, no rest to A3
A3. Deadlift to failure, no rest to A4
A4. Partial deadlifts to failure

Workout 18
10 sets
A1. Back Squat using 5RM, no rest to A2
A2. Partial Back Squat to failure, no rest to A3
A2. BW Jump Squat to failure, no rest to A3
A3. BW Squat to failure, no rest to A4
A4. Partial BW Squat to failure

Workout 19
10 sets
A1. Bench Press using 5RM, no rest to A2
A2. Partial Bench Press to failure, no rest to A3
A3. BW Dips to failure, no rest to A4
A4. Partial BW Dips to failure, no rest to A5
A5. Plyometric Pushups to failure, no rest to A6
A6. Regular pushups to failure, no rest to A7
A7. Partial pushups to failure

Workout 20
10 sets
A1. Pullups using 5RM, no rest to A2
A2. Partial Pullups to failure, no rest to A3
A3. Jumping BW Pullups to failure, no rest to A4
A4. Regular pullups to failure, no rest to A5
A5. Partial BW Pullups to failure

That’s for your first 10 days. Your last 4 days is up to you. This is trully the workout of a madman.[/quote]

wow now that is asskicking intense right there I really like those hour 5 reppers these are giving me some pretty good ideas I might tweak 'em a little more around by including some rows or what not. Thanks this is actually a big help.

Max single in every exercise, every day for the rest of your life.

You just don’t get more intense.

Realisticly, if you wanna try something crazy stupid, Smolov might be an idea.

Lol that program is just ridiculous, you don’t make great gains on those type of ridiculous volume programs. In fact even smolov doesn’t work for even very experinced lifters as well as just a normal routine.

In any case I do stupid stuff like that for fun once in a long awhile and its just dumb my muscles just give out too quickly. It’s really stupid though since you can injure yourself very easily doing that kind of stuff.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Lol that program is just ridiculous, you don’t make great gains on those type of ridiculous volume programs. In fact even smolov doesn’t work for even very experinced lifters as well as just a normal routine.

In any case I do stupid stuff like that for fun once in a long awhile and its just dumb my muscles just give out too quickly. It’s really stupid though since you can injure yourself very easily doing that kind of stuff. [/quote]

I understand what you’re saying but based on the principles of planned overreaching I am seeking a good amount of performance regression where after I have rested for a good week and a half I will recieve a supercompensation as a result. You’re not suppose make gains when training but make them after you have rested enough.

I have done performance regression training before and it was good just to shock my body and switch things up this approach usually gave me a good 10-15 pound increase but I am looking along the lines of a 30-35 pound increase from supercompensation. For this scenario I will have to definately up the intesity. In addition I do this listen to my body a lot and I know when to back off or up the intensity.

[quote]crashball wrote:
Man that is some tough program I am out of breath just reading it. Have you ever done it before?. Its looks crazy and impossible, the only way I could see someone completing this is if they had two weeks with noting else to do but train, eat and sleep. [/quote]

Like I said, I just made it up, and I mean as soon as I saw this thread. And you’re right. It’s definitely a madman’s program.

[quote]I’mCharming wrote:
wow now that is asskicking intense right there I really like those hour 5 reppers these are giving me some pretty good ideas I might tweak 'em a little more around by including some rows or what not. Thanks this is actually a big help.[/quote]

Yeah, you should tweak it. I mean I think doing 50 eccentric reps with 140% your 1RM is too much, even for you (120% would be better). In any case, that was just there to give you some ideas, and it’s a good thing that it did.

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
I’mCharming wrote:
wow now that is asskicking intense right there I really like those hour 5 reppers these are giving me some pretty good ideas I might tweak 'em a little more around by including some rows or what not. Thanks this is actually a big help.

Yeah, you should tweak it. I mean I think doing 50 eccentric reps with 140% your 1RM is too much, even for you (120% would be better). In any case, that was just there to give you some ideas, and it’s a good thing that it did.[/quote]

I will probably just use 110% or even just my max for 5 sets of 3-4 eccentric reps just keep it safe and prevent my form from breaking down

When I started doing sheiko, it shocked the hell out of me.

Just giving you another option.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:

Just giving you another option.[/quote]

yeah I was thinking along the lines of sheiko but what I am mainly looking for is program that will give me some major performance regression thus leading to a better supercompensation. Read this super accumulation program by charles poliquin and then you’ll get an idea of what I am looking for… http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1605986

I am living proof that Smolov works great for drugfree lifters. You have to be crazy and you have to be able to tolerate the workload. I am sick and tired of pussies talking negatively about Smolov. Just try it, if you ahve what it takes. I just currently did the second Smolov in a row (one month in between for maintenance).

Here’s what the hardest workouts look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk1DAiPRwMA

Here’s a video from my last front squat maxing day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbAfUMhhtDA

Here’s my Smolov thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1708634

This year I will do 3 more complete smolov rounds. I will put every fibre of my being into it, or I’d either become insanely strong, or crippled. Time will show, and I opt for the first alternative.

I will never look back for anything else, no other routine has given me these kind of gains.

[quote]stallion wrote:
I am living proof that Smolov works great for drugfree lifters. You have to be crazy and you have to be able to tolerate the workload. I am sick and tired of pussies talking negatively about Smolov. Just try it, if you ahve what it takes. I just currently did the second Smolov in a row (one month in between for maintenance).

Here’s what the hardest workouts look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk1DAiPRwMA

Here’s a video from my last front squat maxing day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbAfUMhhtDA

Here’s my Smolov thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1708634

This year I will do 3 more complete smolov rounds. I will put every fibre of my being into it, or I’d either become insanely strong, or crippled. Time will show, and I opt for the first alternative.

I will never look back for anything else, no other routine has given me these kind of gains.

[/quote]

well he may be beginner also not sure how strong you were when you started but seeing as how your front squat over 400lbs I’m guessing pretty strong.

[quote]I’mCharming wrote:
Synthetickiller wrote:

Just giving you another option.

yeah I was thinking along the lines of sheiko but what I am mainly looking for is program that will give me some major performance regression thus leading to a better supercompensation. Read this super accumulation program by Charles Poliquin and then you’ll get an idea of what I am looking for… http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1605986

[/quote]

Just out of interest, what’s your age, bodyweight and lifts look like at the mo?