T Nation

Need A Training Program!

im 17 5’10 153 pounds like 18% bf maybe need a training program am i too young for beast building program what should i do

You should read every article and Forum post with the word “Beginner” in it.

Also just start lifting right now. Look up good form for some big compound exercises like squats, dips, chin ups, presses etc and just do them with good form. Doing that for 3 weeks while you read about proper training will be infinitely more effective than listening to a bunch of forum dialouge on the proper training type.

Also someone will be along shortly to sing the praises of rippietoe or however it is spelled. That works well enough too.

Click on the ‘beginner’ banner on the top of the screen. It will take you to the Beginner’s Forum page.

Click on the thread titled ‘Are You A Beginner II’ by Vroom. Read it. Leaf through the articles indexed in it, and when you have time, read them.

Get to the gym and squats, dips, chin-ups, and presses with good form during the week or two it takes you to read the sticky (vroom’s thread)- just like Mchron said.

Oh, and Rippetoes. It adds 50lbs to your bench and gets you laid. Seriously.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Oh, and Rippetoes. It adds 50lbs to your bench and gets you laid. Seriously.[/quote]

Ha! I didn’t know that. I better go tell me wife she owes me.