Need a Solid Starting Point for Body Improvement

Hey guys, i have been reading Tnation for a few months now and its my first post here. I need your help and im open to criticism. Im a novice, I have little gym experience and the longest period i have comitted to the gym is 3 months.

My fitness history:
First in 2016 (early years of college) i started working with a PTfor a couple of months, mainly for fat loss and the best thing he did for me is that he have taught me how to do basic lifts correctly.
After a couple of months doing nothing i started strenght trainig at my local gym and fully committed to it for 3 months. (i know 3 months is a joke, but hey i told you im a sucker) In that time i used StrongLifts5x5 and had decent improvement i guess.
I hit: bodyweight bench
bodyweight zercher squat (we didnt have squat rack so i had to load the bar zercher)
x0.6bodyweight overhead press
x1.5 deadlift
40 push ups
Then is quit the gym and did nothing for a good 6 months.

In 2018 bought a pullup bar and double 16kg kettlebells and started mixing up things with them. I managed to have my pullups(strict, full ROM) from 0 to 9 (185lbs of body weight)

Now i finished School of Dental Medicine and a lot of stress in my life is gone, and im my own boss now. So i want to spend more time for improvimg myself and my health. So i need your guys help. From all the things i read from here, i think i need to loose fat first. Then i need to build mass.

Personal info:
Height: 5’ 12’’
Weight: 185lbs
BodyFat: I dont have tools to measure but i think im somewhere between %17-19
Things i can do:
Execute all the main lifts properly with good form and full ROM
9 strict pull-ups
3-5 times a week gym time

So please guide me what to do next and how to do it. (it would be great if you give me diet and trainig program)

Thank you

Hey man your already ahead of the curve doing 9 pull ups, most untrained people cant do 1.
Just pick any starting program and attack it, you made gains before, you have a head on your shoulders so you will do fine bro. try Starting Strength, commit and put some hustle into it.
you can use the KBs for conditioning on non training days and if you have a pullup bar try using Pavels “grease the groove technique”. Every time you walk by the bar (its at home right?) do one or two pullups. everyday all day, it will add up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the aswer man, i decided to start Stronglifts5x5 again, do light cardio on work days and grease the groove with pullups on offdays. Im gonna post results after a couple months

1 Like

I think you should go back into some lifting program such as Starting Strength, Stronglifts 5x5 (since you’re already familiar with it), or 5/3/1. Whichever you do, just build the habit. I think 50 KB swings a day will also develop good glutes, good hinge pattern for your deadlift, and work your conditioning too.