Need a Quote For the Yearbook

I need a quote for the yearbook, and am not sure what to put. I want something that is pure awesomeness, like–

What is best in life?: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

• Conan the Barbarian

watcha guys think, any other ideas?

My personal fav…

“Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.”
-T. Durden

Probably not quite what you were looking for though. Good luck.

“Be an artist with what you do.”

“Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”

from Strength Training, Bodybuilding & Online Supplement Store - T NATION

“Never leap frog a unicorn.”

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
“Never leap frog a unicorn.”
[/quote]

When everything seems to be going well, you obviously don’t know what the hell is going on.

I’m a Murphy by birth. :slight_smile:

[quote]Doc L wrote:
My personal fav…

“Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.”
-T. Durden

Probably not quite what you were looking for though. Good luck.[/quote]

Sometimes it makes you an ANGRY chicken though… sometimes. err… I gotta go

Here’s a quote: “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade”. It’s actually very good advice…

Dissent is the purest form of patriotism

I’ll just copy in the quotes from my FB page…you can see if any of them are what you are looking for.

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved.” ~Helen Keller

“Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit.”
~Edwin Cole

“Pain is weakness leaving the body.”
~USMC

“Minds, like bodies, will often fall into a pimpled, ill-conditioned state from mere excess of comfort.”
~Charles Dickens

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do.”
~Marianne Williamson

“Don’t wish it were easier…wish you were better.”
~Jim Rohn

“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment”
~Jim Rohn

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
~Jim Rohn

“We must all suffer one of two things…the pain of discipline, or the pain of disappointment”
~Jim Rohn

“The introduction of resistance in the form of sand and hill is too important to be ignored. If you die, I’ll bury you in the sand hills with all the other runners.”
~Percy Cerutty

“Pain is strength. Suffering is character.”
~Halley Cleary

“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
~President Theodore Roosevelt

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”
~Sydney Smith

“You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures.”
~Charles C. Noble

“Determination is the wake-up call to the human will.”
~Anthony Robbins

“The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.”
~Mark Twain

“Progress has little to do with speed; but much to do with direction.”
~Unknown

â??Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.â??
~Bruce Lee

“Iâ??ve always thought of doing the prescribed reps as simply testing your strength. Anything over and above that builds strength, muscle and character.”
~Jim Wendler

Advanced techniques are the basics mastered.
~17th Century Samurai Code

“A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned – this is the sum of good government.”
~Thomas Jefferson

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

NOthing better than this quote IMO.

“Grow a Dick. Feel alive.”

“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights.”

[quote]matko5 wrote:
“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights.”[/quote]

This would be pretty hilarious.

My advice to the OP is don’t take this so seriously. I’m going to say there is a 90% chance that if you pick some quote from Conan about destroying your enemies, you will look back in 5 years and think “damn I was a tool!”

Anybody who has watched Hard Knocks this fall knows that there’s really only ONE possible yearbook quote to choose…

Here’s how I break down the perfect yearbook quote:

1.) It has to have some humor in it. Think about the yearbook quote in general; it’s there for when you sign the yearbook at the end of the year, for when you or your friends look back on it in a few years, and for when other people look back at their yearbook and remember yours. You can possibly the bonus of sharing it with your kids in 10-20 years. Pick something overly serious about government or something is going to get you, at best, a half-nod and a thought of, “not bad,” and at worst an eyeroll or a, “wow, this guy was boring.”

2.) The quotee should still be relevant in 10-20 years. Thus, “I’m on a boat!” is probably not as good of a choice as quoting Dave Chappelle.

3.) Remember that, as a high school senior, you really don’t know shit about the world and haven’t accomplished much of anything yet. Odds are that if you pick something about government or hard work or striving to accomplish great deeds, you (and other people) will think, “WTF does this guy know about pain, suffering and sacrifice?” Hint: working out does not qualify as pain, suffering and sacrifice, especially if you’ve only been doing it for 3-5 years.

4.) It should reflect who you are a little bit and, despite not taking itself too seriously, be meaningful in a kind of sneaky way.

5.) If you can do all this while including an inside joke that people will remember for years… you are the master.

“Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken,” is actually pretty damn good. When you read that, you laugh a little and you get the general, “good quote” sort of vibe. Anybody alive in the 2000s or even 2010s will remember Fight Club, so it will always be relevant. Also, when you read that, you think, “alright, he’s not the type of guy who’s going to pretend to be something else.” So you get the meaningful message without taking yourself too seriously.

“I shouldn’t get high to come up with ideas… I should come up with ideas and then get high.”

The last drop always falls in your pants

“You are never quite as good or as bad as you look.”

-Coach John Robinson

-“Whether you think you can, or you think you cant, you’re right”
-“the secret to life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks.”
-“Obstacles are things you see when you take your eyes off the prize”
-“We can’t direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails”
-“Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.”
-“tell me who has truly lived. The man who has braved the storms of life and survived, or the man who has remained on shore and simply existed.”

-“A man said to the universe, ‘Sir, I exist,’ ‘Yes,’ replied the universe, ‘But that has not created in me a sense of obligation.’” - Stephen Crane

-“Fight Club quotes make you look like a tool.” - Yardbird

“Keep in touch!! We’ll still talk and hang out!!”

“BFF’s FOREVER!!”