Need a New Routine for Mass

Hey guys i have been doing a 3 day split with 1 repeat day for a month and a half and gotten great results… Ex day 1 2 3 and repeat day 1 … It alternates every week. I have gotten good mass while tighening up considerably and i would like a new routine that will give me good density and mass while still burnin some fat, obviously mass is priority but i do want to tone up a bit.

I want a advanced routine but for some reason my search here on the site does not work, something due to my virus program or popup blocker, and i cant find one if anyone has advice on a great routine that fits my needs please help. Ill post stats if needed as well

Ya don’t have to use the search just use the article library. Also if the routine you are has given such good results why do you want to change it?

Eat and lift heavy. You will gain mass.

Don’t fix what ain’t broke.

Doing 1 groups twice a week and 2 groups once a week is a recipe for asymmetry. I bet you do chest twice a week. Am I right?

been doin it for almost two months just thinkin about the always change it up rule

No i only train any body part twice when that week alternates like i said in the example , plus sometimes routines get stale to me and i like to switch it up…

[quote]Tshep26 wrote:
been doin it for almost two months just thinkin about the always change it up rule

No i only train any body part twice when that week alternates like i said in the example , plus sometimes routines get stale to me and i like to switch it up… [/quote]

Only change it up when you stop seeing results. Don’t fix something that doesn’t need to be fixed. That’s how I look at it. And even if your results start slowing down, a simple change in your rep and set scheme can re-turbo charge your results.

Change up your rep sequence instead of your whole routine.For example if you do 4x6 change to 5x5 one week then do 3x8 the next week and so on.Just remember to add or subtract weight according to the weight used or just do super perfect form thought reps.A thought rep is when you really think about the muscle performing the lift and try to feel it and flex it instead of just pumping out reps and counting in your head.

I have used the same design of program for many a year on and off… it was the second split i ever used, and it is a beauty. I use it to this day.

You dont need a whole new program… just write down all your bodyparts:
Chest
Back
Delts
Biceps
Triceps
Quads
Hammies
Calves
(Traps)
(Forearms)

And then make your self either a 2 day split or a 4 day split (a good 2 is Upper/Lower or Back/Chest/Bi and Legs/Dlt/Tri)

So there is plenty of change, and then either increase or decrease your reps by 3, and multiply your total sets by either 1.5 or 0.5, depending on if you have high volume(0.5) or not (1.5).

Thats all you need to change for now John.

Joe

EDIT: Oh, the always change it up rule is like the Overtraining rule and the Offside rule. Grossly misunderstood.
Just keep adding weight, make sure you always ache - and you’ll be just fine. See you in another 5 years!! :wink:

J

Thanks a ton for all the responses guys!!