Need a New Routine for Mass

Hello, Ive been working out 6 months im 17 and im 6,0 150lbs.

I need a routine that will build mass as fast as possible.

I can goto the gym any time needed so times not a issue. i already have a good diet so now its just the routine.

My chest/arms and back is my main areas i try to focus on but i still want the whole body.

Thanks

Ew.

6 months! 6 months! you don’t want to mainly focus on your upper body because you are 6 foot. Only Arnold got away with that.

Squats

Whats wrong with building mass everywhere?

i know squatting sucks because its hard and it doesnt make your tities look nice, but it will alow you to piggyback some girl who thinks your tight squat built ass is cute from the bar back to your place.

[quote]tubbynewb wrote:
Whats wrong with building mass everywhere?

i know squatting sucks because its hard and it doesnt make your tities look nice, but it will alow you to piggyback some girl who thinks your tight squat built ass is cute from the bar back to your place.[/quote]

Yeah right dude its all about the deadlift for that matter. Chicks love it when I literally pick them up. It fucking blows them away.

i have seen this a few times while visiting the boards here squat bench and deadlift, not all on the same day your cns will lose its shit but you gota look after the whole body otherwise when it gets to the moment when your pants follow your shirt to the bedroom floor your gonna look silly.

So you want everything but some more than the other…okay, well. I would maybe suggest then that one day a week you devote to legs and 3-4 others on an upper body split routine. Use the search button at the top to find some.

hey guys first post! bear with me so i can figure this site out. lol…forgive me for any errors…lol

i’ve been in your position before. I was 6 ft and a buck fifty in high school. I was on the varsity baseball team as a freshman and desperately needed size. My advice to you is to EAT a lot. I thought I was eating enough only to find I wasn’t. I started keeping a log of everything I ate and found I was barely over 2000 cals a day. I didn’t grow until I hit around 4000+. 1-2 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight so somewhere around 200 for you will work. Now to the Training. What worked best for me was heavy weights and as others stated…SQUAT AND DEADLIFT.

Not only will you build more muscle by training larger and more muscles with these excercises but you will boost your gh and test levels as well, this due to the body’s reaction to having to recover and rebuild these large muscles. By doing this, the added boost of hormones will aid in the recovery of the large muscles as well as the small muscles like your biceps, etc.

A 5 day a week workout with 2 day rest works for me. Something like this maybe mon:chest/arms tue:legs(squat)wed:back/shoulders(deadlift)thurs:legs(squat)fri:chest/arms…now some will say that this is a lot of squatting and deadlifting but at your age you should be able to handle it. The first few weeks will be hard on your legs but you should get used to it. If you prefer only squat once a week and do some other leg exercise in place on the other “leg day”. This is just some of what I did and it has worked for me.

Again it’s all opinion on what works best and everybody will have a different answer. You have to try different things and see what works best for you and your body. I can almost guarantee that you won’t make as much gains w/o squatting and deadlifting as you would with these in your training. hope this helps dood and sorry if the post got long.

-gerdy

^^ good first post.

It all starts with a food log, squats, deads, bench, chins, rows etc

[quote]andybonse wrote:
Hello, Ive been working out 6 months im 17 and im 6,0 150lbs.

I need a routine that will build mass as fast as possible.

I can goto the gym any time needed so times not a issue. i already have a good diet so now its just the routine.

My chest/arms and back is my main areas i try to focus on but i still want the whole body.

Thanks[/quote]

I suggest the three day split, Bicep Burnout day, the Chest Smash day and then top it of with the Lat killer. Or you could do alot of squats, dips, pull ups, deads 4 to 5 times a week. I know it helped me I went from 154 to 178 in around two months.

At 150lbs…you should be aiming at adding density/thickness using the big movements, life Bench, Dead, Squat, Push Press, Row. Dont follow a body part split. IMO, you should focus of these movements first to build a decent base physique before moving onto a body part split.

I just finished cutting, and lost SOME mass, so i am focusing on building some thickness back up using the above protocol.

GJ

[quote]chillain wrote:
^^ good first post.

thanks man!

Thib’s OVT + eat like a man = significant gains