Need a New Fridge & Stove

I am moving in a week. I have to get a new fridge and a stove. I am very intrigued by stainless steel refrigirator and an electric stove. Can you please help me find one or the other or both for a good deal? I don’t even know where to start. I trust you guys with your selections. I am on a budget, but I think I would be willing to spend the money for a quality fridge.

The best $100 I ever spend was on an ice maker. The wife and I used to argue over and over on this topic.

Her family was used to using the ice trays for storing cubes, and I was used to using the storage bin for storing them.

I’d get home and the bin would be empty as well as the trays would have 1 cube in each. I couldnt get her to dump the cubs into the bin and make more.

If the In-Laws came over the story was the same.

When we got a new fridge I spent the extra money and got an ice maker. No more arguments.

Many of the new fridges today have water filters built into them so you get filtered water from the door and filtered water for the ice. I havent priced a new frige in 5 years so I cant help there.

[quote]dualman7 wrote:
I am moving in a week. I have to get a new fridge and a stove. I am very intrigued by stainless steel refrigirator and an electric stove. Can you please help me find one or the other or both for a good deal? I don’t even know where to start. I trust you guys with your selections. I am on a budget, but I think I would be willing to spend the money for a quality fridge.[/quote]

Don’t forget, if you are coverting over to electric from gas, you’ll probably need a 220 volt outlet installed. Not the 120 volt outlets that you plug regular appliances into (toaster, blender, etc.) but one of the big ones.

Just a heads up for ya :slight_smile:

Go to a Sears outlet store. You can pick a fridge or stove dirt cheap. It may have a ding or a tiny scratch. Its definately worth checking out. I bought all of my appliances there, and a 36 inch T.V.for $500. I couldnt figure out what exactly was wrong with the T.V, but when I got it home I noticed the image at the top of the screen was messed up, And since I paid the $50 service plan, they came out and replaced the tube. So I basically got a brand new T.V.

where could i locate a sears outlet store? I live in Brooklyn, New York.

[quote]dualman7 wrote:
where could i locate a sears outlet store? I live in Brooklyn, New York.[/quote]

They have a store locator.