Need a Lower IGF-1 Test for Blood Work

I am on TRT and thyroid for hypo pituitary and had an initial igf 1 test that was 2points below normal just shy of what the doc wanted to prescribe HGH is there anything i can do for this next test that will bring my igf down a little so i can get the medication i need? if anyone can help or respond please do!! or anyone knows where i can find the info?

“”"
For those who are unresponsive to somatostatin analogues, or for whom they are otherwise contraindicated, it is possible to treat using one of the dopamine agonists, Bromocriptine (Parlodel) or Cabergoline. These have the advantage of being tablets rather than injections, and cost considerably less. These drugs can also be used as an adjunct to somatostatin analogue therapy. They are most effective in those whose pituitary tumours cosecrete prolactin.

Side effects of these dopamine agonists include gastrointestinal upset, nausea, vomiting, light-headedness when standing, and nasal congestion. These side effects can be reduced or eliminated if medication is started at a very low dose at bedtime, taken with food, and gradually increased to the full therapeutic dose.

However, bromocriptine lowers GH and IGF-1 levels and reduces tumor size in fewer than half of patients with acromegaly. Some patients report improvement in their symptoms although their GH and IGF-1 levels still are elevated.
“”"

Is there anything you know of that doesnt req a prescription somthing over the counter maybe? i ask because im on my own with this task. Ive heard to eat alot of carbs before the test any other suggestions??
THANKS

Carb loading blocks, delays or reduces GH release. GH has a very short half life, so IGF-1 is used as a proxy as its levels do not change as much as GH. Carb loading might not do what you seek.

Ok i get the fact that igf-1 will not be manipulated as easly as gh i read the wykapedia in full u suggested a
and i have a few more questions? my blood test i wanna take on mon, if heard that if i dont sleep tonight and tommarow before the test that may help? also dont work out today or tommarow, are there any suppliment that will slow gh production, like how dhea is a precurser to testosterone and will help ur body produce it are there any suppliments that will slow gh ? also is therer any other suggestions anyone can give me before my test!<<<<??? my body depends on it LOL

Please respond
desperate marine

HG is released during sleep, so don’t get much sleep and deep sleep.

GH is released as a feeding response to digestion. After blood glucose increases and drops, insulin levels start to drop and amino acids build. The hypothalamus detects this and triggers GH release from the pituitary. You can interfere with this by eating carbs and fats with as little protein as possible. And snack low protein carbs to keep glucose and insulin up. IGF-1 is to amino acids as insulin is to glucose. The ‘I’ in IGF-1 is ‘insulin like’.

If you are required to do a 12 hour fast before your lab work, then the above will not work very well.

If the lab involves giving you a large dose of an amino acid to track HG levels or an injection of something like GHRP, then you are not really going to be able to do anything.

Ok Great because i can take the test any time i want, i was gonna take it monday and i am not required to fast or take any medications or suppliments. will continuing my TRT replacment make a differece and should i stop working out for at least 2 days? Also i had a question on the test he wants to give me with my igf-1. its called a CPK level i told him that my muscles dont repair properly and im sore for a week after working out. ive been training 6days a week mon upper tues cardio interval wed lower thurs cardio fri upper sat cardio sun off. So far i have this thanks to KS amn that is why endocrinoligist thinks i may need hgh replacement

1. eat lots of carbs pasta, bread, sugar?>, fats beef french fries
    2.dont sleep as much as possible ( im aware hgh is released during rem sleep)
  2. dont take any amino acids and as little protien as possible

Is there any other things u can think of to make this optimal

and what time is the best to get the blood work for the lowest reading?

thanks alot

If you have had crappy sleep, whenever you can drag your ass in will be ok.

Does anyone know what the CPK level test does? and other than above is there anything else i should do? this is my last question on this topic! test will be done tommarow

You are asking the wrong way.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=CPK+level+test