Need a Little More Calories

Hey guys, I just wanted to hear some suggestions on how I could bump up my calories a bit. I was thinking about eating some nuts throughout the day, and maybe adding some oats to some Greek yogurt or something like that. I weigh about 150 pounds, and I eat a couple eggs for breakfast with cheese and a one pita, a plate full of rice with chicken, or some type of beef, or just pasta for lunch, and usually the same thing for dinner.

Anything you guys do or snack with to add some extra calories?

Whole milk.

Lots of whole milk.

[quote]voltairius wrote:
Hey guys, I just wanted to hear some suggestions on how I could bump up my calories a bit. I was thinking about eating some nuts throughout the day, and maybe adding some oats to some Greek yogurt or something like that. I weigh about 150 pounds, and I eat a couple eggs for breakfast with cheese and a one pita, a plate full of rice with chicken, or some type of beef, or just pasta for lunch, and usually the same thing for dinner.

[/quote]

Plenty of option. That being said, your breakfast in particular looks like something I’d eat to lose weight. Try increasing your regular meals first. Here’s what I used to eat every morning:

two cups of oats
two cups of full fat yogurt
1/2 diced apple
berries

that’s about 1,000 calories.

For calorie dence foods, try

whole milk (what magick said)
nuts of any kind, also nut butters (Dan John recommends PB&J sandwiches for gaining weight)
oats and oat bars (as long as there isn’t any shit in them - read the label!)

how old are you
how tall are you
what are your goals
your 150 lbs and want a little more calories
to me says dont want to lose my abs
get a calorie counter track your calories
and just eat more

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

[quote]voltairius wrote:

[/quote]

Plenty of option. That being said, your breakfast in particular looks like something I’d eat to lose weight. Try increasing your regular meals first. Here’s what I used to eat every morning:

two cups of oats
two cups of full fat yogurt
1/2 diced apple
berries

that’s about 1,000 calories.

For calorie dence foods, try

whole milk (what magick said)
nuts of any kind, also nut butters (Dan John recommends PB&J sandwiches for gaining weight)
oats and oat bars (as long as there isn’t any shit in them - read the label!)

[/quote]

Where are you getting his current breakfast from? Am I missing a post?

Here

[quote]voltairius wrote:
I eat a couple eggs for breakfast with cheese and a one pita
[/quote]

Just eat another meal.

[quote]magick wrote:
Whole milk.

Lots of whole milk.[/quote]

This all the way. Whole milk is balanced, and its pretty cheap when you look at the calories per gallon

[quote]nighthawkz wrote:

Here

[quote]voltairius wrote:
I eat a couple eggs for breakfast with cheese and a one pita
[/quote]
[/quote]

Wow, I really am going senile.

OP, you could easily get 3,000 kcals just from 3 regular meals. After that I would supplement with a few nuts, maybe some fruit, milk, shakes etc. Your current breakfast would be a good snack if you added more protein.

EDIT: This might be a bit controversial at the minute but I’m not seeing many sources of quality protein in your diet, I’d consider tracking your protein for a week or two.

add cheese and bacon to everything you eat

[quote]Yogi wrote:
add cheese and bacon to everything you eat[/quote]

That sounds delicious. I saw a bacon wrapped pizza on TV the other day and nearly cried at how good that sounded.

I am a fat bastard though.