Need a Good Deadlifting Bar

I lift at home and need a good bar for deadlifts. I currently can pull over 500 lbs and would like to work my way up to 600. If anyone can recommend the best bar for my use and a place to order it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Texas Deadlift Bar- Liftinglarge.com has free shipping right now

Awesome. Ill order this tonight. Thanks.

I bought a texas dl bar last summer and dont regret it. Built a cheap platform for around $100 and get alot of use from it

i’m interested in this as well. Is buying a Texas Deadlift Bar really worth it? I am slowly working my way to a 700 pull but have just been using a Rogue Ohio Bar. I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I am just starting to dip my toes into PLing

[quote]Alpha wrote:
i’m interested in this as well. Is buying a Texas Deadlift Bar really worth it? I am slowly working my way to a 700 pull but have just been using a Rogue Ohio Bar. I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I am just starting to dip my toes into PLing[/quote]
definitely worth it. It’s a longer and thinner bar so it bends more, making your starting position a bit higher. It’s also way easier to grip, although it’ll beat up your hands on rep work.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
i’m interested in this as well. Is buying a Texas Deadlift Bar really worth it? I am slowly working my way to a 700 pull but have just been using a Rogue Ohio Bar. I apologize in advance for my ignorance, I am just starting to dip my toes into PLing[/quote]

Completely worth it. One of my biggest regrets is having not bought this at the start of my training.

It is a great training bar due to the bar whip/flex. It results in a higher starting position at the pull, which is far less taxing on the lower back compared to a stiffer bar. This has given me great longevity in my deadlift training. Additionally, when I pull with a stiffer bar in competition, I tend to get way more leg drive, which actually makes the pull easier.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
This may be a dumb question seeing as how you’re asking about deadlift bars specifically but does the fed you do/ plan to compete in use a deadlift bar? I haven’t much experience with deadlift bars (only used on in a meet) but since it makes the pull easier off the floor that may become a weakness if you pull on a stiff bar.

[quote]Alpha wrote:

If you plan to compete I’d say you could justify the purchase based on training with the device you will compete with. Otherwise you will just have to be ok with just buying a new bar that’s pretty much only good for DL’ing with. not that you ‘can’t’ do other lifts but it’s weirds I suppose.