Need a Food Challenge Companion

Calling all T-Nationers in the Philadelphia PA area!!

I’m gonna do the Tony Luke’s 5lb Cheesesteak challenge, and It would be fucking sweet to do it alongside another T-Nationer! Anyone game?!?! Come on, someone out there needs to be down!

It’s a 43$ cheesesteak after tax. If you win you get a t-shirt and a photo on the wall. So far I think only 7 people have completed it, if not less!

When is this going down?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
When is this going down?[/quote]

Within the next 2 weeks, or if I can get someone to do it with me, whenever they wanna throw down the 5lb monster!

[quote]football061 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Within the next 2 weeks, or if I can get someone to do it with me, whenever they wanna throw down the 5lb monster![/quote]

I’m an accountant and it’s tax season, if you wanna go sometime in April I’m down!

I’m already nervous, lol.

don’t even be nervous

Football has a secret weapon to calm you down, Lanky.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Within the next 2 weeks, or if I can get someone to do it with me, whenever they wanna throw down the 5lb monster![/quote]

I’m an accountant and it’s tax season, if you wanna go sometime in April I’m down!

I’m already nervous, lol.[/quote]

Fuck yeah I’m down with April! How’s first week of April sound?

Gives a little more than 2 weeks to get rid of those cheesesteak jitters!! Of course, T-Nation attire will be worn by myself, and if you have any that would be awesome.

Pics and or video should be taken for other T-Nation viewers pleasure!

I’m fucking pumped!!!

Video of Fellow Philly’ers taking the challenge to know what you are up against:

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
don’t even be nervous

Football has a secret weapon to calm you down, Lanky.[/quote]

Lol, I want nothing to do with that secret, rock!

Last time I smoked was 3 years ago and I swear I felt stupid for 3 straight days afterwards.

First week of April sounds like a plan, football.

I watched that video and I have to admit, I’m not confident. I think I’m going to work out beforehand to build a bigger appetite. You smoke, I’ll workout, we’ll see which works better, lol.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

don’t even be nervous

Last time I smoked was 3 years ago and I swear I felt stupid for 3 straight days afterwards.

I watched that video and I have to admit, I’m not confident. I think I’m going to work out beforehand to build a bigger appetite. You smoke, I’ll workout, we’ll see which works better, lol.[/quote]

Nice! 1st week of April it is!

Ct is just jealous he can’t be there to shove down this monster cheesesteak!

Man I’m fully confident!! I look at it this way. There is only 20" of bread. If you can eat 3 normal cheesesteaks, which would be 3’ of bread, you should definitely be able to plow the 5lb’er without a problem. Plus, you get a 1 hour time to do it.

I’m gonna workout, smoke and do cardio. I’m set, I’ll be super hungry!

Where I come from, if you can finish a challenge within the specified time limit, the food is on the house. I’d like to see something like that over here.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

don’t even be nervous

I watched that video and I have to admit, I’m not confident. I think I’m going to work out beforehand to build a bigger appetite. You smoke, I’ll workout, we’ll see which works better, lol.[/quote]

Man I’m fully confident!! I look at it this way. There is only 20" of bread. If you can eat 3 normal cheesesteaks, which would be 3’ of bread, you should definitely be able to plow the 5lb’er without a problem. Plus, you get a 1 hour time to do it.

I’m gonna workout, smoke and do cardio. I’m set, I’ll be super hungry![/quote]

I’d feel good about 3 cheesesteaks, but 3 cheesesteaks don’t have 5 pounds of meet and cheese on them!

I don’t wanna say anymore, I don’t wanna ruin your confidence, haha.

My buddy has my camera, I’ll get it back before then. Do you have a video camera?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

don’t even be nervous

I’d feel good about 3 cheesesteaks, but 3 cheesesteaks don’t have 5 pounds of meet and cheese on them!

My buddy has my camera, I’ll get it back before then. Do you have a video camera?[/quote]

Psht my confidence is made of steel! I will dominate this cheesesteak, it will be my bitch!! hahaha!

My gf’s camera can record, it’s over 5 mega pixel, I think it’s like 7.5 or something and she has like a 4g memory card in that bad boy so I can serve as both picture and video taker.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

don’t even be nervous

My buddy has my camera, I’ll get it back before then. Do you have a video camera?[/quote]

Psht my confidence is made of steel! I will dominate this cheesesteak, it will be my bitch!! hahaha!

My gf’s camera can record, it’s over 5 mega pixel, I think it’s like 7.5 or something and she has like a 4g memory card in that bad boy so I can serve as both picture and video taker.[/quote]

Please, please take a camera. Not to knock your confidence, but I wonder how many people went into the challenge fully thinking they’ll nail it, and then came that moment, the wall so to speak, when food threatened to come back up the other way, lol.

Anyways, I’m not a believer in a higher power, but you’re in my humanistic prayers. I hope you do it for T-Nation.

Are you bringing the gf?

If you bring your gf, I’ll bring mine and they can talk about how jacked and tan we are.

Honestly, I think the most I’ve ever eaten was 48 oz of steak and a plate of spaghetti. 5 pounds is 80 oz…shiiiit!

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Are you bringing the gf?

If you bring your gf, I’ll bring mine and they can talk about how jacked and tan we are.[/quote]

Haha! Yaaa I’m gonna bring her. She’s been bitching at me to, “Do the damn challenge already!!” because it’s all I talk about ever since I saw that man vs food episode!

Then she’s like, “I better not hear you bitch about how full and fat you feel after doing it either!” LOL

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Honestly, I think the most I’ve ever eaten was 48 oz of steak and a plate of spaghetti. 5 pounds is 80 oz…shiiiit![/quote]

You got this cheesesteak! Just go with American over Whiz…I know that’s blasphemy but from a tactical standpoint, Whiz is alot heavier and thicker than american. Have to approach this bad boy from a very sound, tactical angle! And I love mayo on my cheesesteaks, but damn, Ima have to skip the mayo too!

Plus, this is going to be like David AND Goliath VS “The Cheesesteak”

At my current 5’10" 185lbs and your 6’5" 240lbs, you are statistically beating my ass already!

Where I come from, if you can finish a challenge within the specified time limit, the food is on the house. I’d like to see something like that over here.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Honestly, I think the most I’ve ever eaten was 48 oz of steak and a plate of spaghetti. 5 pounds is 80 oz…shiiiit![/quote]

You got this cheesesteak! Just go with American over Whiz…I know that’s blasphemy but from a tactical standpoint, Whiz is alot heavier and thicker than american. Have to approach this bad boy from a very sound, tactical angle! And I love mayo on my cheesesteaks, but damn, Ima have to skip the mayo too!

At my current 5’10" 185lbs and your 6’5" 240lbs, you are statistically beating my ass already![/quote]

Profile info is old, I’m 275 - 280 pounds, and I’m still nervous, lol.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:
Where I come from, if you can finish a challenge within the specified time limit, the food is on the house. I’d like to see something like that over here.[/quote]

Agreed, it’d be nice to have a $43 cheesesteak on the house.

^^^Of course the odds are against your typical contestants and most fail and have to cough up the money. And that’s where the restaurant makes their $$$.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

At my current 5’10" 185lbs and your 6’5" 240lbs, you are statistically beating my ass already![/quote]

Profile info is old, I’m 275 - 280 pounds, and I’m still nervous, lol.

[quote]postholedigger wrote:
Where I come from, if you can finish a challenge within the specified time limit, the food is on the house. I’d like to see something like that over here.[/quote]

Agreed, it’d be nice to have a $43 cheesesteak on the house.
[/quote]

God damn!! Yous be a big dude! If you can’t eat a 5lb cheesesteak you are a wimp!!!

At that size you should be eating babies for breakfast and pre-teens for dinner!

At my biggest I was 215 and that was back in september, I didn’t cut over the summer so I decided to cut this winter instead…now I’m regretting it since I’m about to take on this monster and need all the eating experience I can get!